Sign in with
Your question
Closed

While running games my computer crashes (Wierd problem)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 26, 2013 5:55:01 PM

Right now i have 2 monitors connected to my computer and it doesn't crash. But a week ago i didn't use my second monitor and it would crash while playing some games (LoL, PoE, Borderlands, portal 2). I was wondering why this was happening because it confuses me greatly. thank you for anyhelp

Best solution

a c 203 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 26, 2013 6:11:02 PM

valkyriedusk said:
Right now i have 2 monitors connected to my computer and it doesn't crash. But a week ago i didn't use my second monitor and it would crash while playing some games (LoL, PoE, Borderlands, portal 2). I was wondering why this was happening because it confuses me greatly. thank you for anyhelp

it may be that with two monitors your gpu is not being pushed close to it over heat temp. as with two monitors or more some of the card memry and clock cycles have to go to the other monitor.
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 26, 2013 6:28:40 PM

A week ago were the games configured to play with 2 monitors?
Can you play the games with 2 monitors?
Score
Related resources
January 27, 2013 4:25:24 AM

Best answer selected by valkyriedusk.
Score
January 27, 2013 4:26:30 AM

johnnyq1233 said:
A week ago were the games configured to play with 2 monitors?
Can you play the games with 2 monitors?

No i just received this monitor so none of the games were configured to play on two monitors.
Score
January 27, 2013 4:27:59 AM

smorizio said:
it may be that with two monitors your gpu is not being pushed close to it over heat temp. as with two monitors or more some of the card memry and clock cycles have to go to the other monitor.

This seems right because my computer is littered with cats hairs and i can't clean them out because i have a 1 year warranty sticker.(stupid as hell)
Score
a c 203 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 27, 2013 4:38:17 AM

just pick up a few cans of canned air or ask someone with a shop compressor to use the air sprayer nosel to blow out the cat hairs. vendors stick that lable like dell on all there pc to keep people form going inside and breaking stuff. if you cant clean your pc..then put an eletric fence around your pc to keep the cats out of it :) 
Score
!