reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
ok i am about to buy some components for building my new computer. the place that i buy from www.mwave.com only has kingston and house brands of RDRam. should i buy everything but the memeory for mwave and get samsung memory elsewhere? does the brand really matter? does anyone have kingston rdram out there that can testify for/against it?

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
from all I hear samsung is the way to go .. www.googlegear.com has the doublesided (16device) stuff there and I have ussed this company with no problems

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Alcohol, the source of and the solution to all of lifes problems</font color=blue>

rickd59

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2002
nexthardwareshop.com .....I just ordered 2 X 256 MB of Samsung RDR for $73 each. Call them and bitch about the shipping price and try to reduce it from $16. Also, try to bump it up...UPS Ground takes 4ever.

-Rick

G

samsung and kingston will BOTH work perfectly fine. you just don't want any of that garbage generic ram! thats all.

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
wheres <b><font color=green>FatBurger</font color=green></b>?...if he saw this thread...i know he would have recommended samsung (and they make frekishly good performing cd-roms)...

<b><A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2932776" target="_new">P4 + DDR333</A>=<font color=blue>OK</font color=blue></b>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Everyone already recommended Samsung, so I didn't see the need.

Well, everyone except for Delerious, which is very fitting, considering he recommended DDR instead of RDRAM and mispelled 'Delirious'. :tongue:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

G

i've had samsung once, and will never buy agian. if you test it with norton utilities, you will get address errors, i now have 512mb of kingston, and couldn't be happier.

PCHardstuff

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
Rambus has set forth standards that are all RDRAM, brand name that is, should be fine. Kingston, Samsung, or Corsair should work fine. I don't trust the no-names for any type of ram.

FatBurger

Illustrious
I've had no problems whatsoever with my Samsung. How long ago did you use their RAM?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

louman99

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Kingston is my choice, they were partners with Rambus and Intel from the very beginning. I've had no problems with Kingston RAMBUS in numerous systems.

Delerious

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2002
What can I say, Brain Farts are becoming more common as
old age sets in. That's why they call us Old Farts:) I'll make sure both eyes are open next time.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Have you overclocked it at all? If so, how far has it gone?

louman99

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Nope, the users I support are not high powered like you guys. Most of the memory I use goes into OEM systems. I just need it to work all the time, overclocking is not an option at the sacrifice of reliability.