GTX 670 Running Unbearably Slow in games with latest drivers installed

sectox

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Hello,

I've recently noticed that my GTX 670, which i got 1 month ago new, has been having FPS Latency issues in games, In arma 2(Yes I know that the game is unstable, but everyone i play with seems to run it OK) It gets around 20 FPS on the very low setting, with PPE, Antialiasing, view distance and every graphic modifier turned to low or off. In Chivalry, it gets 20-25 FPS on a Medium-high setting...there is downward lag spikes also...

My computer specs

EVGA FTW GTX 670

AMD 8-core FX8120 3.6 GHZ CPU(OC'ed to 3.6)

8gb of RAM

Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-650 650W Power Supply

ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Solutions I've tried:

Upgrading my GPU Drivers(Were already fully updated)

Defragging my HD (Used Smart Defrag 2)

Going to the Classic Windows style(Which i shouldnt have to do)

All of these things had little effect

Please help!

Here is my system I have a GTX670 myself no issues. I would suspect maybe CPU bottlenecking issues as well.

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2 ghz
Asrock Z68 EXTREME4 Gen 3
Gigabyte Geforce GTX670oc Windforce3
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4)
Samsung 830 256 GB SSD
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB SSD (scratch drive)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA III
LG 12x Super Multi Blue WH12LS38
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Sound Card
CM Storm Sniper
Corsair AX850 PSU
Corsair Hydro H100

DSCN0183_zpse3950836.jpg

sectox

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Lostgamer Im confused what you mean by bulldozer, is that one of my system specs?

Im suprised about the CPU bottleneck...I thought my CPU was pretty good

Maybe, maybe not you could overclock it more and see if anything changes. Also something you can try is this. Monitor your frames per second in a game if you change the settings and your frames remain much the same then you may need to overclock more.

sectox

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

GPU is in the same slot as my old one...or the one right next to it

What he is saying is that if you are running your card in a slot that the motherboard will set at a lower speed in your case 4x that it could be a contributor. However, with that being said I would think it would only be logical for you to use the slot nearest to the top of your expansion slots. As described in your manual PCI_E 2 is 16 x where as PCI_E 4 is 4x.

The first FX series CPUs was named Bulldozer. Bulldozer was a big mistake, because the performance it delivered in gaming was terrible. Pentium CPUs was many times ahead of almost all the Bulldozer CPUs. But you can get the next FX 8350, it should be pretty good about 15% better performance than FX 8150. even though I don't want to admit it, it sometimes surpases the i5-3570 at higher resolutions, so it's the best CPU AMD has ever made. You MOBO already supports the CPU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4et7kDGSRfc - Here you can watch a comparison with the i5-3570k and AMD FX 8350 OCed and at stock with a GTX 670.

Benchmarks by other websites are also shown in the video.

But when you watch his benchmarking he is using select scenario's which linus from linus tech tips goes into a little bit in his livestream video this week that its not a better chip in high multi threaded applications the piledriver chip has the ability to pass it.

start at 24:15
[flash=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/UHkDRzxekVM?hl=en_US&version=3[/flash]

yialanliu

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
People don't know what they are talking about.

Bulldozer does bottleneck, but not at 20-25 fps at low on arma...
That's like intel atom levels of bottleneck. Telling you to over clock to 4.2 will do nothing if you can't even play medium details level.

What I would suggest is to roll back to older drivers and see if that helps.
If that doesn't work, if you got a second computer, run it in another computer and see if perhaps this is a card issue or rest of the computer issue.