Replaced GPU and PC won't power on.

I got a second hand GPU from a friend, so I took my old GPU out of my PC ready to put the new one in. But I realised I don't have a cable to connect it to the power supply as my old GPU didn't require one. So I put my old GPU back in, not touching anything else at all. Then I came to turn my PC on, after making sure everything was as it was before, and absolutely nothing happens whatsoever. No fans turn on and nor do any LEDs, I think this must be a problem with the power suply, however I posted this in the G&D forum because the only thing I did was remove and replace my GPU.

Thanks for any advice.
4 answers Last reply
More about replaced power
  1. Make sure the toggle switch on the back of your PSU is in the on position. Also, double check that your PSU to motherboard connections (both the 24-pin and the 4/8-pin connectors are firmly attached).

You can also look through this troubleshooting guide if the above don't help:
  2. Double check that you didn't accidentally unplug your 20/4 or 4/8 pin connector to your motherboard.
  3. COL beat me.
  4. Were you grounded when switching cards? Any static shock will kill a video card so be careful.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Power Supplies Power Graphics