Selecting a graphics card that compliments a i3-2105

ericfomley

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Hello, I have a sandy bridge Core i3 2105 and am looking into getting a solid graphics card for my system. My sapphire 6850 died on me and I am looking to get something that will not only play my games on mysingle 1080p monitor, but also play them with the highest specs(if possible), thus futureproofing (A tech term lol) my system. I've been looking into investing into a Gigabyte GTX 670 and am almost sold on the idea of picking this up, but I wanted som other opinions, what do you guys think? My system is only used for games, there isnt anything else on it
My Games/Games I will be getting:
Far Cry 3, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Series, Crysis 1,2,3, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, League of legends, Battlefield three, Planetside 2, and many other modern games that are graphically demanding.
My Specs:
Sandy Bridge Intel Core i3-2105
8GB G-Skill Ripjaw Ram
Windows 8-64 Bit
850W PSU
Thanks!

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

A 670 would be a great choice, then down the line you would just need to update the cpu for the more demanding titles.

mclovits

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
Ya, you might benefit from a quad core CPU in some games, but it isn't neccessary and shouldn't bottleneck the current gen of card, BUT, I would wait a few months until the possible next generation of GPUs from AMD and Nvidia. You'll be soo mad if you upgrade a month before they come out. As for the 670, I have one, it's great, nuff said.

ericfomley

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Thanks, I know down the road I'll end up getting an i5, will i still get the good frames of a 670 with my i3? And will i be able to play the games listed and other modern ones on high/ultra?

TRENDING THREADS