Sign in with
Your question

Port Forwarding not working. Modem+router coniguration

Last response: in Networking
March 2, 2012 8:52:57 PM

I am using ATT dsl service and have a wireless router Dl-524 attached to a Westell dsl-modem. I am using the correct settings to forward ports on this router (as shown here link), but can't make this work. Shows the port i am using is not open. Using port 4025 for a ip-camera which works very well in my home wireless network.
March 2, 2012 9:36:54 PM

How do you know the port is not opened?

If you cannot connect to the port from outside the ATT network using your router's public IP address and port, then it is possible that ATT is blocking the connection. I know ATT does not allow servers unless you have a business account.
m
l
March 2, 2012 11:13:37 PM

I checked using free online tools. one from portforwarding.com, and the other using some weblink.

I contacted ATT now and they say that they allow you to connect to the port from outside the network.
m
l
Related resources
June 13, 2012 5:58:04 PM

I am having this exact same problem, have you found a solution yet?
m
l
June 13, 2012 7:11:22 PM

marshall6 said:
I am having this exact same problem, have you found a solution yet?

No solution yet, let me know if you find anything.
m
l
July 23, 2012 10:21:33 PM

Hey all I just bumped into this thread Googling the same problem and solved the problem for myself. Turns out I still had port forwarding enabled on my AT&T gateway which apparently was causing problems with port forwarding on the Netgear router. Deleting my custom port configurations on the AT&T gateway solved my issue.

Cheers
m
l
!