660Ti

Should I buy this card?

What PSU for a:

i7 2600k 3.8ghz
660ti
8gb RAM


-Thanks
28 answers Last reply
More about 660ti
  1. Any decent psu within the range of 500-600W.
  2. djangoringo said:
    Any decent psu within the range of 500-600W.


    Do you have any suggestions? :ange:
  3. It's a good one, with the 660 ti, you can play any game at high settings.
    That psu will do just fine.
    There's a list here for psu from shops in uk : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#sort=a7
  4. I reccommend this XFX 550W Core Edition 80 Plus Bronze PSU for £49.99 as it is a higher quality PSU and supplies 4 more amps on the +12V rail. It also has a 5 Year warranty vs the 3 year warranty of the Corsair.
  5. yummerzzz said:
    I reccommend this XFX 550W Core Edition 80 Plus Bronze PSU for £49.99 as it is a higher quality PSU and supplies 4 more amps on the +12V rail. It also has a 5 Year warranty vs the 3 year warranty of the Corsair.


    Thankyou mate :)
  6. djangoringo said:
    It's a good one, with the 660 ti, you can play any game at high settings.
    That psu will do just fine.
    There's a list here for psu from shops in uk : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#sort=a7


    Thankyou for help:)
  7. whats ur budget for an new card?
  8. iceclock said:
    whats ur budget for an new card?

    around £200 pounds, and then and extra £50 - £70 for PSU
  9. djangoringo said:
    It's a good one, with the 660 ti, you can play any game at high settings.
    That psu will do just fine.
    There's a list here for psu from shops in uk : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#sort=a7


    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008X3CMSE/ref=asc_df_B008X3CMSE11650016?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B008X3CMSE

    Is this a good card for the 660ti?
  10. except for the same price, the 7950 beats it up.

    1gig extra of vram+ 320 bit bus vs 192 bit bus, overclocks to 7970 levels and can level and somethimes beat a stock 680. so thats 300$ card beating a 460$ card. quite the bang for bucks sir.
  11. if ur stuck on nvidia and want vsync this is what i recommand.

    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-02gp43660kr

    has great customer service and great warranty, when it comes to nvidia evga is king.
  12. iceclock said:
    if ur stuck on nvidia and want vsync this is what i recommand.

    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-02gp43660kr

    has great customer service and great warranty, when it comes to nvidia evga is king.

    Which has the better performance mate?
  13. I think he's asking for what 660 ti has the better performance, the question here was a 660 ti.
    There's several benchmarks that says the 660 ti is better, the overclock stuff not all the cards will overclock the same, some might even crash with just a bump in speeds.
    @op, the asus has a custom cooling system with dual fan, which is better than a stock cooler, and it's really quiet, there's several reviews out there backing it up, that asus is the cheapest card 660 ti with free shipping and one of the best.
    It's a good choice.
  14. djangoringo said:
    I think he's asking for what 660 ti has the better performance, the question here was a 660 ti.
    There's several benchmarks that says the 660 ti is better, the overclock stuff not all the cards will overclock the same, some might even crash with just a bump in speeds.
    @op, the asus has a custom cooling system with dual fan, which is better than a stock cooler, and it's really quiet, there's several reviews out there backing it up, that asus is the cheapest card 660 ti with free shipping and one of the best.
    It's a good choice.

    yeah, heres a link to an asus one I found

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008X3CMSE/ref=asc_df_B008X3CMSE11650016?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B008X3CMSE
  15. Get that one, it's cheap, good quality, and with free shipping.
  16. djangoringo said:
    Get that one, it's cheap, good quality, and with free shipping.


    every game maxed no problems?
  17. the 7950 will outperform a overclocked 660ti onced overclocked anyday.

    dont spread false information.

    and the 7950 even lightly overclocked will beat a 660ti.

    if u want to max out games get a 7950 or a 670 gtx.
  18. I just gave a link with BF3 at 1200p at ultra settings with 60 fps and beating the 7950.
    I think it can play any game at high settings, some might not be at 60 fps, but it will play any game at 1080p at high settings with a good amount of fps, the enough ones to have a good experience.
    Also there's the driver support which is better with nvidia and nvidia has exclusive features like adaptive vsync, txaa, physX.
    Also there's this : http://techreport.com/review/23981/radeon-hd-7950-vs-geforce-gtx-660-ti-revisited/11

    There's nothing wrong with going with a 660 ti for 1080p, it will give a good gaming experience.
  19. those are all just bling features , physx is only used in a few games,

    txaa is just a fancy form of anti-aliasing, adaptive vsync u got me there.

    also since the new ati drivers, theres been a performance increase, and ur comparing non overclocking 7950, overclocked 7950s have been known to beat a stock 680 and beyond.

    well the 660ti is only 20$ less than a good 7950, for the price the 7950 is def a better bang for the bucks.

    theres nothing wrong with the 660ti, i personally own one but if u could go back id of bought a 7950 instead.
  20. iceclock said:
    those are all just bling features , physx is only used in a few games,

    txaa is just a fancy form of anti-aliasing, adaptive vsync u got me there.

    also since the new ati drivers, theres been a performance increase, and ur comparing non overclocking 7950, overclocked 7950s have been known to beat a stock 680 and beyond.

    well the 660ti is only 20$ less than a good 7950, for the price the 7950 is def a better bang for the bucks.

    theres nothing wrong with the 660ti, i personally own one but if u could go back id of bought a 7950 instead.


    Thankyou for your help, has been really interesting to read! I'd sort of like to learn more; so you can add me on Steam if you wan't to: Smythaay
  21. djangoringo said:
    I just gave a link with BF3 at 1200p at ultra settings with 60 fps and beating the 7950.
    I think it can play any game at high settings, some might not be at 60 fps, but it will play any game at 1080p at high settings with a good amount of fps, the enough ones to have a good experience.
    Also there's the driver support which is better with nvidia and nvidia has exclusive features like adaptive vsync, txaa, physX.
    Also there's this : http://techreport.com/review/23981/radeon-hd-7950-vs-geforce-gtx-660-ti-revisited/11

    There's nothing wrong with going with a 660 ti for 1080p, it will give a good gaming experience.


    Thankyou for your help as well bussy, again has been really interesting to read! Add me on Steam if you wan't to: Smythaay
  22. hey guysmyth if u want to chat or need more help pm me thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Intel i7 Graphics Product