  • Video
  • HD
Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
November 19, 2004 9:49:27 PM

I just got a Scientific Atlanta 8000 HD which doubles as the cable box.
I've been unable to get a passthrough signal to my RTV 5080. Has anyone
else been successful at this? I know you need to "downsift" to SD mode,
but I still don't see any signal coming through the S-Video, coax or RCA
jacks.

More about : input sa8000

Anonymous
November 20, 2004 4:39:51 AM

I am told by TW Houston that only the component out is active
November 20, 2004 5:21:04 AM

Jim Fitch wrote:

>I am told by TW Houston that only the component out is active

Also what TW Raleigh told me when I had the same problem. Those outputs on
the back sure look pretty, though. What a joke this box is.

JGM
May 5, 2008 2:07:38 PM

The S-vid out on my SA8300 works- down samples the HD nicely too. I use it for my dvd recorder.
!