nokia 6100 (set ring tones)

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
August 5, 2005 9:30:46 PM

Hello
Can you set a ring tone only for a group(5) within the 6100 or can you also
set a ring tone for individuals in your phonebook? If so, how?
Much obliged!
Daniel

More about : nokia 6100 set ring tones

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 7:56:01 PM

"Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can you set a ring tone only for a group(5) within the 6100 or can you
also
> set a ring tone for individuals in your phonebook? If so, how?

You can do it using Caller Groups. Go through your address book and allocate
people into appropriate groups.

Then go to the menu -> Phone book -> Caller groups -> Choose the group then
you can change the Group ringing tone.

Daniel
August 10, 2005 7:56:02 PM

Daniel

Thank you very much for your answer!
I do understand how to set up a ringtone for a Caller Group.
What I was wondering was if I could set up a different ring tone for the
people within a group or even outside the Caller Groups!
My old Nokia 2310 had that function, I could set up a ringtone for each
number in my phonebook ...
I'am wondering also why there is so much going on about tones if you can
only use a different tone for each Caller Group and in this model there are
only 5 Caller Groups. So just 5 different tones we can use?

Danilo

>> Can you set a ring tone only for a group(5) within the 6100 or can you
> also
>> set a ring tone for individuals in your phonebook? If so, how?
>
> You can do it using Caller Groups. Go through your address book and
> allocate
> people into appropriate groups.
>
> Then go to the menu -> Phone book -> Caller groups -> Choose the group
> then
> you can change the Group ringing tone.

August 12, 2005 12:22:15 AM

Yes I think you're right - I can't find an option to add a tone to an
individual, only to a group.

Apart from the 5 groups (which can be renamed) there's also a "No group",
which would include any unknown numbers or people not in groups, so that
makes 6 tones that can be used in total.

Daniel

> Daniel
>
> Thank you very much for your answer!
> I do understand how to set up a ringtone for a Caller Group.
> What I was wondering was if I could set up a different ring tone for the
> people within a group or even outside the Caller Groups!
> My old Nokia 2310 had that function, I could set up a ringtone for each
> number in my phonebook ...
> I'am wondering also why there is so much going on about tones if you can
> only use a different tone for each Caller Group and in this model there
are
> only 5 Caller Groups. So just 5 different tones we can use?
>
> Danilo
>
> >> Can you set a ring tone only for a group(5) within the 6100 or can you
> > also
> >> set a ring tone for individuals in your phonebook? If so, how?
> >
> > You can do it using Caller Groups. Go through your address book and
> > allocate
> > people into appropriate groups.
> >
> > Then go to the menu -> Phone book -> Caller groups -> Choose the group
> > then
> > you can change the Group ringing tone.

August 13, 2005 7:40:58 AM

Daniel

Indeed!
6 different ringtones can be set up and not 5!
In the meantime i've seen in the Nokia 6230i an option where you can set up
a new group! And as many as the memory permits ...
I suppose that this is the reason why our 6100 is limited ... due to the
smaller memory! 6 tones is really not enough!
I would not be suprised if Nokia offers more memory to add on or software
to set up more ringtones for more Caller Groups ...
Again Daniel thank you for that 6th tone ;) !

Serge

!