Best video card for skyrim

im look for a video card just for skyrim im looking at the GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7950 or ZOTAC GeForce GTX 670 2GB
i want to play with a lots of mods ? any help is good
7 answers Last reply
More about best video card skyrim
  1. Skyrim is a game where you need to have both a good cpu and a good gpu.
    The cards that you stated above both are good enough for skyrim.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-core-i7-3770k-gaming-bottleneck,3407-5.html
    In this benchmark both setups use the same graphics card but you can sure see the significant difference.
  2. If it's just for Skyrim, you could go a little cheaper. A GTX 660 or Radeon HD 7870 would be sufficient. The only exception is if you do very heavy texture modding, the extra memory on the HD 7950 may be advantageous.
  3. the extra 1gig of vram and overclocked 7950 to 7970 levels well def be cheaper and a better bang for the bucks, :) i say 7950
  4. I play with a GTX570 and I get frustrated. The load on the GPU only gets hit ~25-60%, but with lots of mods the ram usage just gets pegged. So it is not that you need a super high end GPU setup to play... but the more ram the better.
    2GB minimum, preferably 3GB
  5. the hd textures modes can take 2gigs or a bit more of vram so yeah, what u expect.
  6. i have the fx 6100 cpu i was thinking of the gpu 7870 or the 7950
  7. iceclock said:
    the extra 1gig of vram and overclocked 7950 to 7970 levels well def be cheaper and a better bang for the bucks, :) i say 7950

i will get the 7950 ty for your help
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Skyrim Graphics