Sign in with
Your question

Having frame rate issues with GTX 660 Ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 27, 2013 5:05:43 AM

Hey everyone! I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm not very tech savy with computers.

I just built a new gaming computer about 3 months ago. I have a GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Core i5-3750k at 3.40 ghz, z77 extreme 4 motherboard, 8 gigs of ram, and a mk 3 silencer power supply.

The main game that I play at the moment is CS:GO. My FPS seems to drop drasticly from around 300fps to about 110-120ish on maxed out settings, and sometimes when I'm in game the screen will go black and a message will come up and say "Nvidia drivers has stopped responding."

I'm a little frustrated at the moment. I've spent all this money on a high end gaming PC but it's been having performance issues ever since I bought it. Can some one help me out?
a c 180 U Graphics card
January 27, 2013 5:12:51 AM

What is your monitor refresh rate?
m
l
January 27, 2013 5:14:00 AM

its 60hz which is pretty bad.
m
l
Related resources
a c 180 U Graphics card
January 27, 2013 5:18:55 AM

Yes you monitor will bottleneck and you see no difference anything above 60fps.have you turned the vsync to on?it is must.
m
l
a c 180 U Graphics card
January 27, 2013 5:21:07 AM

Try to completely reinstall the drivers
m
l
January 27, 2013 5:24:41 AM

Vsync is something that a lot of cs players don't use. It screws up the 1:1 mouse ratio to monitor, making it very hard to have a consistent shot. I was wondering if this issue would be solved if I tried overclock my video card? Is that a feasble solution?
m
l
a c 180 U Graphics card
January 27, 2013 5:28:31 AM

You have to use vsync.whenever fps is more than the refresh rate vsync is must.
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
January 27, 2013 5:41:30 AM

obby1234567 said:
Vsync is something that a lot of cs players don't use. It screws up the 1:1 mouse ratio to monitor, making it very hard to have a consistent shot. I was wondering if this issue would be solved if I tried overclock my video card? Is that a feasble solution?

First of all, it seems to be a problem with drivers.

Also, you can't see above 60FPS so there really is nothing to worry about.
m
l
a c 200 U Graphics card
January 27, 2013 5:54:13 AM

make sure your mb bios is up to date..there been a lot of patches for the z77 mb and cpu/ram/video cards.

most gpu frame rate drops like yours may be from the gpu getting to hot. a lot of times the stock firmware on the gpu and the video drivers dont turn the fans up to max speed as the gpu card temps ramp up. i would try msi afterburner and try some fan ramps. fine a balance between frame rates and fan speed/noise. also check with cpu z that your ram running at it max speed. a lot of new builds forget to turn on xmp profile in there bios and there ram running at 1333 speed. also there a trade off between eye candy and frame rates. fxaa and anti lasting..the higher those are the more gpu works..lower the frame rate goes on some cards and games. also look to see if the game is/was written for dx9 or dx10 and see what mode it running in.
m
l
!