Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
4 Gb RAM
2 TB HD
Seasonic s12ii 620W PSU
Sapphire HD 7850 2gb OC Dual-X
LG CRT Monitor 17 inch
Circle Full Tower Cabinet
Win 7 32-Bit

i) while m browsing the internet the upper part of the screen where the tabs r (google chrome) flickers, like some small boxes appear and they flicker. the same thing happens in the upper part where d icons appear. there's nothing in between the screen. But there r no issues when m gaming. this only happens when m browsing.

ii) i m not able 2 play GTA iV Episodes from Liberty city on full settings. it runs very slow. 8-10 fps maybe. I can play far Cry 3 and assassin's creed 3 on ultra settings.

iii) also 1 of my psu's wire is quite close to d gpu's PCB.

Any help will b quite useful. Thanks
January 27, 2013 11:19:24 AM

1.) Try switching browsers and GPU drivers, if it continues or appears in games you have a problem.

2.) Its a terrible game that isn't optimized for the PC platform. No system out there can run it properly.

3.) Doesn't matter, the cables are insulated.
m
l
January 27, 2013 1:04:46 PM

Thanks for Replying.
i installed this version of the driver now (AMD_Catalyst_12.11_Beta11) and its working well. there r no flickering issues as of now. the previous update which i used was (13-1_vista_win7_win8_32_dd_ccc_whql) this one. also the issue was only during browsing and not while gaming.

also i have a CRT Monitor and a very old one. about 5 years old. so would playing games on high resolution be a problem. as of now m playing on 1024*768.
m
l
Related resources
January 27, 2013 3:45:56 PM

Pretty sure you can max any existing game out there with the 7850 on that resolution. :p 
m
l
January 28, 2013 7:23:24 AM

now again i m facing the same flickering issue on the upper and lower part of the screen. also while i am playing games some black lines go up and down if i stress my eyes on the screen. its hardly visible whilst gaming but if i try to seek those lines i do se them.
then i started the opera browser and the upper part of the screen was not flickering but the lower part where the icons appear those do flicker. i dont understand what's happening.
Please i need some help. Thanks
m
l
January 28, 2013 7:24:08 AM

now again i m facing the same flickering issue on the upper and lower part of the screen. also while i am playing games some black lines go up and down if i stress my eyes on the screen. its hardly visible whilst gaming but if i try to seek those lines i do se them.
then i started the opera browser and the upper part of the screen was not flickering but the lower part where the icons appear those do flicker. i dont understand what's happening.
Please i need some help. Thanks
m
l
January 28, 2013 9:03:58 AM

I'm thinking either the GPU or the monitor is defective. But then again, the monitor's served you quite well for 5 years now.
m
l
February 13, 2013 3:56:18 AM

Ok now i had the Graphic Card RMA'ed and got a replacement. Then also m facing d same issue. So now d graphic card is not d issue here right? then i brought my friends LED Monitor and i was facing d same issue. so now d monitor is also not an issue. also now m using firefox and d flickering is in d lower part of d screen. when i was using google chrome the issue was very bad. also 1 Important thing is that on some days there r no flickering issues at all its runs smoothly wid no issues. somedays these flickering issues. so on days when the issue is there, gaming performane also becomes low means there's low fps compared 2 wen d issue is not there. so the solution which i found was restart d pc and directly start a game den d issue is not there. Pls reply Thanks
m
l
February 13, 2013 9:03:53 AM

I'm honestly out of ideas, try installing Catalyst 13.2, it was recently released.
m
l
February 15, 2013 8:01:35 AM

Ok now i had the Graphic Card RMA'ed and got a replacement. Then also m facing d same issue. So now d graphic card is not d issue here right? then i brought my friends LED Monitor and i was facing d same issue. so now d monitor is also not an issue. also now m using firefox and d flickering is in d lower part of d screen. when i was using google chrome the issue was very bad. also 1 Important thing is that on some days there r no flickering issues at all its runs smoothly wid no issues. somedays these flickering issues. so on days when the issue is there, gaming performane also becomes low means there's low fps compared 2 wen d issue is not there. so the solution which i found was restart d pc and directly start a game den d issue is not there. Pls reply Thanks
m
l
November 17, 2013 9:55:32 AM

This is a common problem with some of the HD7850 cards - you just need to increase the idle GPU and memory speeds a little in the AMD configuration file. Basically with browsers using the GPU for rendering now the card doesn't respond quickly enough at idle.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1921907
m
l
!