Closed Solved

Ned help in choosing one of this card.

10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about choosing card
  1. anyone can suggest other better card then compared within this prize range.
  2. The HIS HD7870 is the fastest card by quite a margin. So if it is within your budget, get it.
    If not. Either the MSI or Sapphire is great.
  3. Novuake said:
    The HIS HD7870 is the fastest card by quite a margin. So if it is within your budget, get it.
    If not. Either the MSI or Sapphire is great.

    I support this comment a great deal.
  4. thanks for the rply, Novuake and helper800

    Sure for HIS HD7870 but after this you suggested MSI or Sapphire, What about gigabyte
  5. Gigabyte is cheapest of all and only 25Mhz Gpu clock behind HIS.
  6. Best answer
    atulmaniya said:
    Gigabyte is cheapest of all and only 25Mhz Gpu clock behind HIS.


    Its not all about clock rate. The HIS has more shaders(cores) than the Gigabyte. The HIS is one tier higher and better than the Gigabyte to put it simply.

    Let me show you. The HIS is based on this :
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7870/pages/radeon-7870.aspx#3

    1000MHz Engine Clock
    2GB GDDR5 Memory
    1200MHz Memory Clock (4.8 Gbps GDDR5)
    153.6GB/s memory bandwidth (maximum)
    2.56 TFLOPS Single Precision compute power
    GCN Architecture
    20 Compute Units (1280 Stream Processors)
    80 Texture Units

    While the Gigabyte, Sapphire and MSI are based on this :
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7850/Pages/radeon-7850.aspx#3

    860MHz Engine Clock
    2GB GDDR5 Memory
    1200MHz Memory Clock (4.8 Gbps GDDR5)
    153.6GB/s memory bandwidth (maximum)
    1.76 TFLOPS Single Precision compute power
    GCN Architecture
    16 Compute Units (1024 Stream Processors)
    64 Texture Units

    Note the underlined and bold parts. More cores even if clocked slower can still be better than LESS cores at a faster clock.
  7. Best answer selected by atulmaniya.
  8. So buying HIS is better option for few extra bucks. Actually i was comparing vendors.
    I thought Gigabyte is better than HIS. For that very reason i asked about Gigabyte.

    By the way thanks.
  9. atulmaniya said:
    So buying HIS is better option for few extra bucks. Actually i was comparing vendors.
    I thought Gigabyte is better than HIS. For that very reason i asked about Gigabyte.

    By the way thanks.


    Yes Gigabyte USED to be much better. But HIS has started making excellent products thanks to nice AMD support. Especially that specific card you linked.

    The Gigabyte Windforce design of that card is sad thoug, it has known coil whine issues. And besides. Its much slower.
  10. Novuake said:
    Yes Gigabyte USED to be much better. But HIS has started making excellent products thanks to nice AMD support. Especially that specific card you linked.

    The Gigabyte Windforce design of that card is sad thoug, it has known coil whine issues. And besides. Its much slower.

    ok. Thanks for the help and reply.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics