HD Radeon 6670

Hello,
Recently I purchased a HD Radeon 6670 for my PC and for some reason it seems to want to reject it... Since every time it is installed my computer tends to not boot up windows 7 and keeps saying "Disc Boot Failed" when I already have a Windows 7 installed to the system but when I revert back to my HD Radeon 6450 everything works fine and I am wondering if it is something to do with my PSU... Because concerned of the subject I read into this problem and apparently it can be because of the PSU not having enough power to boot or something on the lines of that... I have a Tesla 500w and it is a very cheap psu but works with the Radeon 6450 just fine... So is it a good idea to upgrade my PSU to the Tesla 750w or should I get a more certified PSU

PS.. The first installation of the HD 6670 work just fine... It was a few moments later I noticed a few perfomance issues with opening simple programs and even the windows explorer would stop responding and upon restarting started this Windows 7 boot issue
29 answers Last reply
More about radeon 6670
  1. PC Specs: FX-4100 Quad-Core 3.6ghz
    8g Ram DDR3
    78LMT-USB3 Mother Board
    HD Radeon 6450
    PSU Tesla 500w
  2. Hd 6670 should work with your psu.please tell your +12v ratings on the psu sticker
  3. Imput: 230V

Orange +3.3V 26A
    Red +5V 24A
    Yellow +12V 24A
    Blue -12V 0.3A
    Purple +5VSB 2.0A

Output: 500w
  4. Yes it should run even my friend runs it with just 14a on 12v ratings.you should check that gpu in others pcg
  5. But the thing is I don't have any other pc to try the gpu with...
  6. Update your mobo bios
  7. How does one do that? =]
  8. Go to mobo website and find your mobo model and in download section - download latest bios and save that file.i did not which software you need to update bios for your mobo try to search in google.
  9. If your's is gigabyte mobo then get @bios software
  10. Would I want to download the top link the F4?
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4305#bios
  11. Yes.do not interrupt or power off your pc when updating bios
  12. I will keep in touch to tell you the results =]
  13. Now both Autoexec and FLASHSPI come up with 2 seperate errors...

Autoexec: The program or feature "\??\C:\Users\Josh\Desktop\FLASHSPI.EXE" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-Bit Windows compatible version is available

FLASHSPI.EXE: The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher

Also upon double clicking the autoexec batch file... It says Unsupported 16-Bit application... If this is a 16 bit program not being compatible with my 64 bit system would I need the 64 bit equivalent of the bios update? if so.. Where can I get the 64 bit version
  14. There must 3 file something g78.file
  15. The other file is 78LTUB34.F4 being a F4 File I click on it and of course it can't be opened because of it being just a blank icon
  16. Dude that is the main file.you need software to update.download @bios software - open it - update bios from file- browse and select 78.f4 file and update and wait
  17. By the looks of things... It worked... The boot happened instantly from the bios to the start up... I really appreciate your patients ^-^ I will keep in touch with you bro if things end up going weird again... Again thank you =]
  18. whats the full specs of ur pc. pls
  19. I think my issue has been resolved but if it is you want my specs they are at the beginning of this post
  20. so now ur pc doesnt lag in crysis?
  21. Crysis? I never mentioned Crysis XD
  22. Enjoy dude! and close thread
  23. Enjoy dude!
  24. oops wrong thread. lol. good thing ur card works now. enjoy its
  25. iceclock said:
    so now ur pc doesnt lag in crysis?

Lol that crysis issue is in different thread.you forget to read !
  26. yeah i know, but there both about the 6670 thats why!. my brains on auto-pilot -_-
  27. ^ that is correct but sometimes bios update does the trick.
  28. yesh.
  29. cheers mate.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Boot HD Graphics