HD Radeon 6670

Josh12419

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2013
Hello,
Recently I purchased a HD Radeon 6670 for my PC and for some reason it seems to want to reject it... Since every time it is installed my computer tends to not boot up windows 7 and keeps saying "Disc Boot Failed" when I already have a Windows 7 installed to the system but when I revert back to my HD Radeon 6450 everything works fine and I am wondering if it is something to do with my PSU... Because concerned of the subject I read into this problem and apparently it can be because of the PSU not having enough power to boot or something on the lines of that... I have a Tesla 500w and it is a very cheap psu but works with the Radeon 6450 just fine... So is it a good idea to upgrade my PSU to the Tesla 750w or should I get a more certified PSU

PS.. The first installation of the HD 6670 work just fine... It was a few moments later I noticed a few perfomance issues with opening simple programs and even the windows explorer would stop responding and upon restarting started this Windows 7 boot issue

Josh12419

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2013
Now both Autoexec and FLASHSPI come up with 2 seperate errors...

Autoexec: The program or feature "\??\C:\Users\Josh\Desktop\FLASHSPI.EXE" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-Bit Windows compatible version is available

FLASHSPI.EXE: The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher

Also upon double clicking the autoexec batch file... It says Unsupported 16-Bit application... If this is a 16 bit program not being compatible with my 64 bit system would I need the 64 bit equivalent of the bios update? if so.. Where can I get the 64 bit version

Josh12419

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2013
The other file is 78LTUB34.F4 being a F4 File I click on it and of course it can't be opened because of it being just a blank icon

Josh12419

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2013
By the looks of things... It worked... The boot happened instantly from the bios to the start up... I really appreciate your patients ^-^ I will keep in touch with you bro if things end up going weird again... Again thank you =]