Just installed WinXP, no drivers = no internet.

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
Th bit about Ubuntu was only an example of a dual- boot with a Linux system. If you had dual-booted with XP and Windows 7, the latter would show up as the first boot option with "earlier version of Windows " showing up second. I suspect you didn't get a dual-boot as you intended.

As to the drivers, go to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager and find the ethernet adapter under Network Adapters. Right click it, go to Properties then Details and scroll the HardwareIDs. Note the four characters after VEN for Vendor and eth four after DEV for Device.

Input those at http://www.pcidatabase.xcom and follow the trail to the maker's website.
I don't really understand what you just said so i took a few pictures and heres what i got for you to help me with. and also thanks for helping!!
view spoiler for pics please :)
o570n9.jpg

28riqtj.jpg

v6njg8.jpg

Please help me as this is going to be a quick sloppy made topic cuz im in a real rush.

So I had Win7, and I burned a WinXP disc, used Win7 partition tool and made 150GB's of unallocated space for Win XP, I still have like 800GB on my C:, aka Win7 partition. please help, i installed win xp with no problems and it works/boots up.

When I try to use IE (only thing avauilable) it doesnt let me because it cant detect my ethernet, nor wireless chip. (802.11n i think)

i have a HP-1147c desktop, im assuming this is driver related, and for now, just for now, how do i go back to win7? for now. there both on same HDD. different partitions :) im using my backup laptop ATM. all help is appreciated and let me know if u need any more info. ummm i think thats it thanks so much for helping guys!!!

ryanht2

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Shut the computer down and turn it back on it should allow you to pick which OS to use or at least that is the way it is with a dual boot Ubuntu, windows 7 hard drive.

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
idk im @ school but i have no clue whatUbuntu is. will try @ home, when comp starts win xp does. idk how to check if i have Ubuntu. all i did was make disc, partition, instaall. thats it. idk if i dual booted. i can keepxp,fine, just can some1 give me drivers?

Th bit about Ubuntu was only an example of a dual- boot with a Linux system. If you had dual-booted with XP and Windows 7, the latter would show up as the first boot option with "earlier version of Windows " showing up second. I suspect you didn't get a dual-boot as you intended.

As to the drivers, go to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager and find the ethernet adapter under Network Adapters. Right click it, go to Properties then Details and scroll the HardwareIDs. Note the four characters after VEN for Vendor and eth four after DEV for Device.

Input those at http://www.pcidatabase.xcom and follow the trail to the maker's website.