mattboymatt

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hi guys i recently built a pc, and when playing crysis i am experiencing minor constant lag that does not increase when in heavy fighting. It is extremely irritating. Is this ment to happen? If not how shall i fix it?

My PC specs

AsRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional (updated bios for ivy bridge)
Intel i5 3450 @ 3.1 GHZ ivy bridge
Amd radeon HD 6670 asus edition
corsair tx650 psu
40gb intel series v ssd ( operating system )
500gb sata 3 hdd (games)
Old ide disk drive

I have tried on my 32 inch lg tv ( few years old) via hdmi, and on a 19 inch lg tv via VGA i played it at 1440x900 (800?) on the 19" and 1080p on the tv both of which the game scanned and tested my hardware for the optimal settings. I have tried reducing the graphics and I get the same problems.

Many Thanks
Matt

mattboymatt

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

surely if that was true then turning the graphics down would make it smoother but it doesnt

mattboymatt

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

ok i just ran the gpu z test and the gpu temperature varied between 32 C and 36 C. Im not sure what the optimal gpu temp is

your gpu is gonna have trouble with crysis, even on the lowest settings. buy a decent video card, yours was not meant for gaming. htpc at best.

mattboymatt

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

Sorry for the constant questioning but 1 ive seen people run bf3 on high on it and the load weight doesnt go above 30%. Would overclocking it help?

mattboymatt

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

Ok thanks buddy. So i should be able to run
bf3 on medium?

D

Deleted member 217926

Agreed. I am playing it now for the first time after getting Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis 2 on sale through Origin last week and Crysis is taxing my heavily overclocked GTX 460 1GB. The game is great though. Don't know why I waited so long to get it.

If you think Crysis is hard on your card try Metro 2033. That is the only game I find unplayable without seriously turning down the eye candy.

I gave up on Metro 2033 when the damn game had my mask broken to the point that I could

a) No longer remove it
b) No longer get filters
c) See any more because it was broken so bad and i was not able to pick up another.
d) it was so bugged i could walk outside without needing filters, but it was very hard to see.

The game seemed kind of cool, but it was just very buggy.

D

Deleted member 217926

That happened to me one time. I just reloaded to an earlier save and it was fixed. All in all I enjoyed the game but was a bit disappointed it was only about 9 hours long.

I think I will wait until I finally upgrade my graphics card before I play the new one. I have been wanting to upgrade for over a year now but with only one single game I have played that my old GTX 460 will not max at 1920 x 1080 I just can't justify it. I will probably upgrade everything but my motherboard and processor either in March or April. I guess I'll get a GTX 670 then depending on what happens with the new GK 110/GTX 7xx series cards rumored to be coming out soon.

Maybe I will give it another go.

Honestly. After how many 2-4 hour games they release now days. 9 does not seem too bad to me :)
I like a game with a good story line. Strangely, Mafia II was actually quite fun despite being a clear console port. Bioshock has to be one of the better games IMO(for a single player)

D

Deleted member 217926

I have to agree, generally the longer the better. I love the 100 hour plus games like Morrowwind, Oblivion and Skyrim. And the Fallout games. I have over 100 hours in a bunch of games with multiple playthroughs though like all 3 Mass Effect games.

The first Bioshock is one of my favorites. The second was not as good but still worth playing and I have high hopes for Infinite. I wish Valve would tell us something about Half Life 3. I might just crap myself with joy when that finally gets released.

You should finish Metro 2033. I believe Metro: Last Light will be a direct sequel.