Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Wireless Headphones

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 8, 2004 6:01:34 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

I what to buy two pairs of RF wireless headphones so that two people
can listen to the same output at the same time. I'm guessing these
things come tuned to different frequencies which would mean it
wouldn't work.

How can I get around this

Thanks

More about : wireless headphones

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 8, 2004 8:14:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

Jeffc wrote:
>
> I what to buy two pairs of RF wireless headphones so that two people
> can listen to the same output at the same time. I'm guessing these
> things come tuned to different frequencies which would mean it
> wouldn't work.
>
> How can I get around this


I'm not familiar with "RF" headphones but I don't see why it
would be a problem getting two that worked on the same frequency.
They would be "receive only" wouldn't they? No collision of
transmitted signals, etc. If there WAS some kind of a problem,
you could go with infrared headphones although you might not get
the same fidelity and you would both have to be in the same
vicinity as the IR transmitter or an IR repeater for that transmitter.

- Jeff
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 8, 2004 10:52:45 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

On 8 Jul 2004 02:01:34 -0700, antrim38@hotmail.com (Jeffc) wrote:

>I what to buy two pairs of RF wireless headphones so that two people
>can listen to the same output at the same time. I'm guessing these
>things come tuned to different frequencies which would mean it
>wouldn't work.
>
>How can I get around this

If each unit comes with its own transmitter, split the input signal to
both. Though I suspect this sort of gear comes with a very limited
selection (if any) of frequencies, you should be able to specify two
the same.

If two headphone sets come with one transmitter, they are going to use
the same frequency, aren't they? I'm sure multiple-headset systems
must be available - maybe search for educational equipment rather than
hi-fi gear? Is this for music, or for communications?
Related resources
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 9, 2004 10:10:53 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

"Laurence Payne" <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:h02re0h20l8qfa7jvsvq20lu4s18cbfrdo@4ax.com...
> On 8 Jul 2004 02:01:34 -0700, antrim38@hotmail.com (Jeffc) wrote:
>
> >I what to buy two pairs of RF wireless headphones so that two people
> >can listen to the same output at the same time. I'm guessing these
> >things come tuned to different frequencies which would mean it
> >wouldn't work.
> >
> >How can I get around this
>
> If each unit comes with its own transmitter, split the input signal to
> both.

Would work fine, but the extra expense is not necessary.

>Though I suspect this sort of gear comes with a very limited
> selection (if any) of frequencies, you should be able to specify two
> the same.

Correct.

> If two headphone sets come with one transmitter, they are going to use
> the same frequency, aren't they? I'm sure multiple-headset systems
> must be available - maybe search for educational equipment rather than
> hi-fi gear? Is this for music, or for communications?

Sennheiser make RF units for HiFi and models for other applications. They
are available with multiple head-sets.

TonyP.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 9, 2004 10:10:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?)

Jeffcwrote:
>I what to buy two pairs of RF wireless headphones so that two people
>can listen to the same output at the same time. I'm guessing these
>things come tuned to different frequencies which would mean it
>wouldn't work.
>How can I get around this

You could use a model with adjustable tuning.
Ex: Advent AW770 (900MHz) Very nice.
Used in several recording studios (according to
their engineers on this newsgroup. << US$100

Both transmitter and headphones/receiver are
tunable so you could transmit several (4-6?) different
channels and use any number of receivers.
!