Slow FIOS speeds using EnGenius wireless adapter

ramettacard

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue? I have bought a Engenius wireless adapter because the Verizon FIOS router is in the other room and it is not practical to run an Ethernet cable from my PC. The supplied router is a UltraLine Series 3 9100EM Router, and the wire less adapter model is a EnGenius EUB9801.
The signal is fine with every other wireless device inside my place. any suggestions???

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
So your problem is that your connection is too slow??
If so, and other wireless devices in your home can get better speeds, check the signal strength of your connection. If your signal strength is too low, you probably have interference in your connection. If your signal strength is good but the connection speed seems too slow, then it's your router. The router you are using is Wireless g (54Mbps max) so thats the best you can get.
Things that can cause interference are thick (cement, brick) walls, metal, mirrors if there are things like these between your pc and your router they're probably causing the slow connection.

ramettacard

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

Well, the connection works very fast with my laptop with built in wireless in the same room. It seems like the wireless device itself is not getting the full signal. I am unsure if there are some settings that I can change. So far, I have not been able to find anything in the engenius application.