Sign in with
Your question

One PC on network can't transfer files from server

Last response: in Networking
March 3, 2012 2:46:21 PM

Hey,

I have an issue that I'm not quite sure how to deal with. I had a media server die on me, so I built another one. It is built on Asrock A75 pro4 mobo. I am using the built in lan adapter from the mobo Realtek RTL8111E.
At first I had a problem when no other PC could download anything from shares from the server. I could browse the files just fine, but when I tried download anything It would not start for a while and sometimes it would show speed of 16kb/s or something like that and would not budge after that. I re installed the driver did system restore and that partially solved the problem. Now all the pc's except one can download files fine.
It is thru wireless network (server is connected with cable to router tho). The media server is running win7 ultimate the laptop that can't download the files is running vista. I tried using different wireless adapters with laptop and standing right by the router and it still wouldn't work. My old server ran also win7 and I had no problems transferring anything from it. I have another pc that runs vista and it doesn't have any issues. Internet works fine on that laptop and also it can download files from other pc's on network fine. The router I'm using is linksys e3000, though i don't think it has anything to do with the problem.
Anyone got any ideas what may be wrong here ?

Actually the other pc's can't transfer anything either as of right now, so I would have assume the server is the issue
March 3, 2012 8:03:25 PM

aim1999xx said:
Hey,

I have an issue that I'm not quite sure how to deal with. I had a media server die on me, so I built another one. It is built on Asrock A75 pro4 mobo. I am using the built in lan adapter from the mobo Realtek RTL8111E.
At first I had a problem when no other PC could download anything from shares from the server. I could browse the files just fine, but when I tried download anything It would not start for a while and sometimes it would show speed of 16kb/s or something like that and would not budge after that. I re installed the driver did system restore and that partially solved the problem. Now all the pc's except one can download files fine.
It is thru wireless network (server is connected with cable to router tho). The media server is running win7 ultimate the laptop that can't download the files is running vista. I tried using different wireless adapters with laptop and standing right by the router and it still wouldn't work. My old server ran also win7 and I had no problems transferring anything from it. I have another pc that runs vista and it doesn't have any issues. Internet works fine on that laptop and also it can download files from other pc's on network fine. The router I'm using is linksys e3000, though i don't think it has anything to do with the problem.
Anyone got any ideas what may be wrong here ?

Actually the other pc's can't transfer anything either as of right now, so I would have assume the server is the issue

I did wipe everything clean, installed system again. After install just installed lan drivers, still have the problem.
Windows doesn't say I have any issues.
m
l
Related resources
!