7750 connect to power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xstealthshotx

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Hello, can anyone tell me if the Radeon 7750 needs to be connected to the power supply with a 6-pin or 8-pin? I've been having troubles where I'd insert the card into its place and close everything up along with connecting everything. Whenever I try to install the driver for the card it gets an error where it cant find it. I'm not to sure, but I think the card isn't powering up or something so that's why it cant find it. Help me?

The 7750 does not come with a AUX PCI-Express power connection you just plug it into the slot. A couple of things firstly did you install the latest driver from AMD's website. Also can you list the following

CPU:
MOTHERBOARD:
RAM:
POWER SUPPLY:
VIDEO CARD: Radeon 7750
Windows Version:

If your computer is a store bought retail computer please provide
Company Name:
Model Number:
Version of windows:

xstealthshotx

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
I'm setting up the card for my sister so her computer is currently off, but we have the same type of computer so the information should be closely realted.

Dell
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz
RAM: 3 GB
Windows Vista Home Premium
520-Watt ATX Power Supply made by Dynex

xstealthshotx

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Ok thanks, but now there's another problem. The card still isnt being recognized by the computer so I can't install the drivers through the cd installation nor can I find the correct driver for the 7750. Can you explain why it might be that the card isn't being found as new hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.