Gosu-Vu

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
800 ping to a server 40 minutes away.

howisthispossible.png

I've dealt with telus around 20 times over the phone and online, had a guy that came out and didn't know his own head from his ass try and tell me that we needed a phone jack closer which i knew he was full of ***, get a new phone jack installed doesn't change a thing, they claim everything is fine on their end. Brand new freshly installed windows 7 gaming rig and brand new router but the problem still consistently happens.

Every hour or so most of the time totally random the internet shits the bed, 700 ping on everything for no reason, download speeds literally go straight up and straight back down in speed test ranging from 0.20 to 9.0 back down to 0.2 then averging at something like 0.45 when i should be getting 6mb/s at least.

Should I just call and cancel with these morons from telus and go through shaw or what..... this is getting to be a big god damn joke already. Everytime I call they tell me to do stupid useless *** like renew/refresh my ip, ya thats great, works for about 20 seconds to an hour then shits the bed again.

Solution
Run a trace route so you can see where the high latency point occurs, just type tracert <some external Internet address>

Also run pingtest.net rather than speedtest so you can see if you also have a packet loss issue.

Most likely your ISP needs to re-provision your connection and/or run tests on your line at YOUR end.

RealBeast

Titan
Run a trace route so you can see where the high latency point occurs, just type tracert <some external Internet address>

Also run pingtest.net rather than speedtest so you can see if you also have a packet loss issue.

Most likely your ISP needs to re-provision your connection and/or run tests on your line at YOUR end.

Solution

Gosu-Vu

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011

I switched to shaw, problem solved.

shaw.png