Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Recently got some RW's to play with to stop wasting cd-r's on some stuff i had to burn just right. Anyway i've tried Nero and CDRwin to erase these but it doesn't do anything even though it goes through the whole process.

RW's are Memorex 1-4x and my cd-rw is Lite-on 12x10x32.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
is there accessible data on the disks?? they can be read ?
if so try downloading clonecd and do a full erase.. if not try to write a file or 2 to the disks and see if you can later erase them

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Alcohol, the source of and the solution to all of lifes problems</font color=blue>

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Yea the data is still on there after i try to erase.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

G

Try slowing down the drive's speed. Most likelly your drive did not detect the speed supported by the CDRW media and is trying to erace at a speed that is not compatible.

Try manually setting the speed to 2X and see what happens. Otherwise the media might not be compatible with your burner for some reasons. But that is really doubtful.

Calendyr

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Ok i was trying it at 4x will try slower now.

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Mmm wierd...set nero to 2x and it's only taking a minute and a half to go through the erase but still does nothing.

Where do i pick up clone cd? If that don't work i guess i'll have to try someone else's burner.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.elby.de/" target="_new"> Here </A>

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Alcohol, the source of and the solution to all of lifes problems</font color=blue>

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Grr that didn't work either, going to try someone else's burner on mondey then call memorex and bitch at them hehe.

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
I think it's the memorex cd-rws. I have the same problem and I've tried it on a creative and lg burner and it still can't erase. I've had no problems with other brands.

<i>It is not illegal until you get caught! :wink: </i>

TRENDING THREADS