BOOTSECTOR WRITE!!!

G

ok i decided to reformat my pc..i had winXP(ntfs) on C: partition and various files on D (fat32)...i deleted my primary partition (winXP-ntfs)...and then recreated again but as FAT32...when i got to the point when you ESC FDISK in order to restart PC i got message...BOOTSECTOR WRITE!..VIRUS:CONTINUE(Y,N)?....well i said no and tried couple different approaches, but it wouldn't let me create primary partition...so i went back again and this time said YES to the same message...PC rebooted and I went back and formated this time my primary partition...so far so good...now when i start my PC with bootable floppy w/cd-rom availability and try to install any OS i get this error again...BOOTSECTOR WRITE!..VIRUS:CONTINUE(Y,N)?...this time thou i can't press anything..PC would freeze...try everything i can think of.....could it be BOOTMASTER LOADER or BOOTSECTOR problem (corrupted)...????no clue...please help!!!!!!

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Sounds like you have virus detection turned on in bios, and its picked up that your boot record has changed- which it has sice you just fdisked it!

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

G

ye i already fixed this problem...i disable in BIOS "bootsector protection" and that was it...thanks for response thou