Sign in with
Your question

Older ATI card vs newer intel HD card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 28, 2013 12:38:17 PM

I'm looking at getting a new laptop, and I was curious how the newer intel HD integrated gaphics cards hold up against my current graphics card, an ATI mobility radeon X2300. I can play a fair number of games on my current one, including Bioshock on fairly low settings. I know the processor has something to do with it, and there's no contest for that - the new one has an i7, and my current one shows up on the device manager as two core 2 duos. Any advice?

Sorry if this is in the wrong category, but it seems like it would be more of a GPU question that a CPU.

More about : older ati card newer intel card

a c 182 U Graphics card
a b å Intel
January 28, 2013 12:45:30 PM

Hd graphics 4000 is better than that old ati.i would suggest look for hd 7650m or 7670m igpu in laptop.
m
l
a c 82 U Graphics card
January 28, 2013 1:06:17 PM

HD4000 is 5-6 "levels" over the x2300 but an AMD trinity APU with 7660 is 4 "levels" over Intel.

www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-revie...

If you want to do casual gaming AMD is the best option. It will also probably be cheaper, and the CPU will still blow your old one away
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2013 11:10:22 PM

Thanks for the quick response!

Actually, I've now received an offer for a gently used laptop from someone in my family. It's a Core i7 620m with integrated graphics. The windows experience index for 3D graphics is a 5 for the i7, and a 3.8 on my current laptop. I know the WEI is not exact in many ways, but I'm curious as to what the difference is between the two, since it seems to still be an upgrade.
m
l
January 30, 2013 4:31:25 PM

For today's forecast: unclear with a 50% chance of sarcasm :p 

Where exactly does "owns them AALLLL" place it? :) 
m
l
!