CA-42 driver troubles

I tried installing the driver to my dell 8400 xp pro and it doesnt' show
that it's installed. The PDF manual says i should be seeing the below
statement.

"For a CA-42 cable: check that Nokia CA-42 USB Phone Parent is present under

Wireless Communication Devices. Check also that Nokia CA-42 USB (COMxx)

is present under Ports."

Is there somethning i can do to get this installed?

Thanks,

Tony
2 answers Last reply
More about driver troubles

    "Tony" <trome52@myway.com> wrote in message

    > I tried installing the driver to my dell 8400 xp pro and it doesnt' show
    > that it's installed. The PDF manual says i should be seeing the below
    > statement.
    >
    > "For a CA-42 cable: check that Nokia CA-42 USB Phone Parent is present
    > under
    >
    > Wireless Communication Devices. Check also that Nokia CA-42 USB (COMxx)
    >
    > is present under Ports."
    >
    > Is there somethning i can do to get this installed?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tony

    Tony, I have just installed one of these CA-42 cables today, and I noticed
    more than one difference between the installation guide and real life.

    This is what I eventually found to work.

    I uninstalled any and all Nokia drivers that I found under Add/Remove
    Programs.

    I uninstalled Nokia PC Suite.

    Rebooted machine with NO Data Cable plugged into machine.

    Installed Nokia CA-42 driver.

    Plugged cable into PC. (Windows did not notice any new hardware added)

    Plugged cable into phone. (Windows saw new devices present, and after a
    minute or so Windows reported that it had found and installed the drivers
    automatically.)

    I installed Nokia PC Suite.

    I went into connection manager and selected CA-42 only.

    From that point on it has worked absolutely flawlessly.

    Hope that helps you.

    Don

    "Don" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "Tony" <trome52@myway.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> I tried installing the driver to my dell 8400 xp pro and it doesnt' show
    >> that it's installed. The PDF manual says i should be seeing the below
    >> statement.
    >>
    >> "For a CA-42 cable: check that Nokia CA-42 USB Phone Parent is present
    >> under
    >>
    >> Wireless Communication Devices. Check also that Nokia CA-42 USB (COMxx)
    >>
    >> is present under Ports."
    >>
    >> Is there somethning i can do to get this installed?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Tony
    >
    > Tony, I have just installed one of these CA-42 cables today, and I noticed
    > more than one difference between the installation guide and real life.
    >
    > This is what I eventually found to work.
    >
    > I uninstalled any and all Nokia drivers that I found under Add/Remove
    > Programs.
    >
    > I uninstalled Nokia PC Suite.
    >
    > Rebooted machine with NO Data Cable plugged into machine.
    >
    > Installed Nokia CA-42 driver.
    >
    > Plugged cable into PC. (Windows did not notice any new hardware added)
    >
    > Plugged cable into phone. (Windows saw new devices present, and after a
    > minute or so Windows reported that it had found and installed the drivers
    > automatically.)
    >
    > I installed Nokia PC Suite.
    >
    > I went into connection manager and selected CA-42 only.
    >
    > From that point on it has worked absolutely flawlessly.
    >
    > Hope that helps you.
    >
    > Don

    Thanks Don works great.