Can you fix a gpu that will power on but won't post?

smjpl

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Hi all,

Title say's it all. Gtx 580 will power on but it won't post. Monitor never detects a signal. Can it be fixed or is it bin time. I never actually saw the card working. Apparently new but previous owner (no warranty) never actually got to test it and swapped it with my Gtx 470 + cash to fund rest of project. Its all good as he is returning card & cash but I am just curious, plus I feel bad for the guy. He is now even further from his project than ever. And we all now the feeling of waiting for your very own build. :bounce:

P.S. I have looked up about baking the card (if its bin time it can't hurt to try) but nearly everything I have seen is about a card that was working and fails. They seem to be more about getting rid of artifacts than anything else. This more seems like DOA.

Cheers

smjpl

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

No I couldn't test it. Its gone back already anyway. I am 100% sure it was connected up fine. Just put back in my 470 and everything is fine. Not sure about the warranty. I am assuming the card is DOA. My question is, is there anything to be done to fix a card that is DOA and non returnable?