6230i crashes after removing from CARK 126 (fix)

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
August 9, 2005 11:10:19 PM

Ok, I've tried this many times. Every time I remove my 6230i from my car kit
(CARK 126) it locks up, or at least appears to. The screen becomes corrupt
(only updates at the very top, or very bottom), and some functions don't
work, although you can still receive calls.

Anyway, it ONLY does this if you have set it to keep the lights on in the
accessories profile. This is not the default, so most of you won't have this
problem.

s/w v3.3

Regards

Adam
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 1:31:15 AM

Adam,

There IS a later firmware, Version 3.40

It MAY?? be worth having your phone flashed??

Good luck

"Adam Greatrix" <extorian@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D darii02lod@news2.newsguy.com...
> Ok, I've tried this many times. Every time I remove my 6230i from my car
kit
> (CARK 126) it locks up, or at least appears to. The screen becomes corrupt
> (only updates at the very top, or very bottom), and some functions don't
> work, although you can still receive calls.
>
> Anyway, it ONLY does this if you have set it to keep the lights on in the
> accessories profile. This is not the default, so most of you won't have
this
> problem.
>
> s/w v3.3
>
> Regards
>
> Adam

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 1:16:29 PM

"Adam Greatrix" <extorian@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D darii02lod@news2.newsguy.com...
> Ok, I've tried this many times. Every time I remove my 6230i from my car kit
> (CARK 126) it locks up, or at least appears to. The screen becomes corrupt
> (only updates at the very top, or very bottom), and some functions don't
> work, although you can still receive calls.
>
> Anyway, it ONLY does this if you have set it to keep the lights on in the
> accessories profile. This is not the default, so most of you won't have this
> problem.
>
> s/w v3.3
>
> Regards
>
> Adam

Mine does too on occasions. Also v3.3.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 4:10:35 PM

KevinX wrote:
> Adam,
>
> There IS a later firmware, Version 3.40
>
> It MAY?? be worth having your phone flashed??

The SB I've read shows two carkit related changes, one is to handling of
display and keys when in carkit, the other is to do with USB (not sure
what that means exactly) after removal of phone from carkit.

A trip to a Nokia SC could be worthwhile then.

--

Brian Morrison

please observe reply-to address
!