6230i crashes after removing from CARK 126 (fix)

Ok, I've tried this many times. Every time I remove my 6230i from my car kit
(CARK 126) it locks up, or at least appears to. The screen becomes corrupt
(only updates at the very top, or very bottom), and some functions don't
work, although you can still receive calls.

Anyway, it ONLY does this if you have set it to keep the lights on in the
accessories profile. This is not the default, so most of you won't have this
problem.

s/w v3.3

Regards

Adam
3 answers Last reply
More about 6230i crashes removing cark

    Adam,

    There IS a later firmware, Version 3.40

    It MAY?? be worth having your phone flashed??

    Good luck

    "Adam Greatrix" <extorian@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, I've tried this many times. Every time I remove my 6230i from my car
    kit
    > (CARK 126) it locks up, or at least appears to. The screen becomes corrupt
    > (only updates at the very top, or very bottom), and some functions don't
    > work, although you can still receive calls.
    >
    > Anyway, it ONLY does this if you have set it to keep the lights on in the
    > accessories profile. This is not the default, so most of you won't have
    this
    > problem.
    >
    > s/w v3.3
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Adam

    "Adam Greatrix" <extorian@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ddarii02lod@news2.newsguy.com...
    > Ok, I've tried this many times. Every time I remove my 6230i from my car kit
    > (CARK 126) it locks up, or at least appears to. The screen becomes corrupt
    > (only updates at the very top, or very bottom), and some functions don't
    > work, although you can still receive calls.
    >
    > Anyway, it ONLY does this if you have set it to keep the lights on in the
    > accessories profile. This is not the default, so most of you won't have this
    > problem.
    >
    > s/w v3.3
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Adam

    Mine does too on occasions. Also v3.3.

    KevinX wrote:
    > Adam,
    >
    > There IS a later firmware, Version 3.40
    >
    > It MAY?? be worth having your phone flashed??

    The SB I've read shows two carkit related changes, one is to handling of
    display and keys when in carkit, the other is to do with USB (not sure
    what that means exactly) after removal of phone from carkit.

    A trip to a Nokia SC could be worthwhile then.

    --

    Brian Morrison

    please observe reply-to address

Nokia