Ati power supply requrments

will Radeon HD 6570 work with a 300w power supply?
if not can you reccoment me a good ati video card with hdmi that works with 300w?
10 answers Last reply
More about power supply requrments
  1. It would be more advantageous to upgrade to a 450watt power supply. It's a little more work, but will be a cheaper option.
  2. adminwizard said:
    It would be more advantageous to upgrade to a 450watt power supply. It's a little more work, but will be a cheaper option.

i cant find better for my pc
    can you recommend a video card with hdmi that works with 300w ?
  3. Yes it will work.
  4. Agreed it should be just fine. It is just using power from the slot nothing extra.
  5. Assuming the power supply can really supply 300W. Alot of those power supplies are junk.
  6. That is a fair assessment as well I don't care much for store bought computer psu's granted you have a store bought machine.
  7. JapanFreak said:
    will Radeon HD 6570 work with a 300w power supply?
    if not can you reccoment me a good ati video card with hdmi that works with 300w?

What make/model of 300w PSU are you using? With that info, we can give you a better idea regarding your question. Also a list of the rest of your system specs would be useful as well.
  8. +1 bigshootr8

JapanFreak you'll be fine. At 100% a Radeon 6570 only draws 60 watts. Add in the draw from your CPU, 65 watts? perhaps 105 at the most. Fan draw, DVD burner, motherboard, ect... that's all negligible. I doubt your max draw is over 165 watts.

Your only concern would be if you dropped in, say a 7770 or 7850. Mid range GPU's require an additional power from a 6 pin connector. Something your PSU would not have.
  9. wdmfiber said:
    +1 bigshootr8

JapanFreak you'll be fine. At 100% a Radeon 6570 only draws 60 watts. Add in the draw from your CPU, 65 watts? perhaps 105 at the most. Fan draw, DVD burner, motherboard, ect... that's all negligible. I doubt your max draw is over 165 watts.

Your only concern would be if you dropped in, say a 7770 or 7850. Mid range GPU's require an additional power from a 6 pin connector. Something your PSU would not have.

LOL unless your no name brand power supply can only put out 150W now.
  10. Without knowing the exact model number and the amps on the rails its hard to say. I don't assume what I don't know.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Power Supplies ATI Graphics