Sign in with
Your question

Xfx 7970 Issues in games.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 28, 2013 8:58:23 PM

I've been getting minimal screen tearing/shadow flickering when I move my camera in Far Cry 3, Doom 3, and Skyrim. When I'm not moving then they look fine. These issues are minor so I don't mind but is this a symptom of a faulty video card? I also get a vertical green line when I'm loading games application and turning off the computer.

The card is a XFX DD 7970 and my Psu is an Ultra 650 Watts.

More about : xfx 7970 issues games

January 28, 2013 9:45:12 PM

No your game problems sound more like a driver or graphic setting issue not a Faulty card issue.

The vertical green line could be an issue, does it happen all the time or only when loading/turning off the PC?
m
l
January 28, 2013 9:45:38 PM

Not sure on the "Ultra" power supply but a 650w psu with only 38a is rather bad.

The screen tearing might be from a few things. Should be using Vsync. It could also be your monitor. Not sure what the green line is but I doubt its a good thing :) 

Does this happen when you run benchmarks, whats the temps at max load. (furmark can tell you, crank it up to max settings)
m
l
January 28, 2013 10:45:32 PM

kitsunestarwind said:
No your game problems sound more like a driver or graphic setting issue not a Faulty card issue.

The vertical green line could be an issue, does it happen all the time or only when loading/turning off the PC?

The green vertical line only happens when first time loading a game application and turning off pc.

Vsync is always on, I haven't run the furmark benchmark but the gpu never went above 72 degrees during any games.

m
l
!