GTX 670 FTW vs GTX 680 ftw +

Im building a new pc and Im trying to decide between GTX 670 FTW vs GTX 680 ftw dont know if a 680 is worth it but the ftw version is 4gb of vram
7 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. next gen GPU's are around the corner
  2. If you can wait a month or so the amd 8xxx will be out. However if your really cant wait a 670 ftw is better bang for buck its only around 5-8% slower in games And do not get 4gb of vram its overkill. a 2gb is fine
  3. you could wait for next gen gpu's but not really worth it there will be only a slight increase in performance like from 400-500 series and the 670 can play all games maxed out anyway so why guy anything else
  4. Yea true. my 7970ghz Eats up all games.

and you can get a 7970 for $359 with rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131468

Thats pretty nice imo
  5. Kingtr011 said:
    you could wait for next gen gpu's but not really worth it there will be only a slight increase in performance like from 400-500 series and the 670 can play all games maxed out anyway so why guy anything else

Well first of all, old gen card prices will most likely tank. I wouldn't expect the 7950 to get any lower, but the 670 and 680 would definitely go down.

I would bet that you would be able to get two 670's for the same price of a 780..
  6. It depends Can the OP wait?. Does he already have a rig that can run games ok?
  7. I'm trying to have the computer built within the next month. I have a laptop that runs games alright (battlefield 3 on medium 40fps). but my new rig I want it to be as future proof as possible and I want to run anything current on max 1080p at 60fps minimum.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics Product