Fps drop down

raja10

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
ihave amd fx8120, asus m5a97 r2.0 mobo , trans cend ddr3 4 gb 1333Mhz ram, cooler master Gx 650W SMPS, and nvidia geforce 8400gs graphics, . i have experiencing sudden frame rate drop from 55-60 fps to 7 -10 fps while playing assassins creed 3 and battle field 3 and crysis 2. iam gonna buy gtx 660 or 660 ti . suggest me good one to go for ti one or non ti one . is my cpu is bottle neck?

Solution
Bottleneck means that one component will prevent the other component to be used at full speed.
You are fine with the fx8120, this processor will not bottleneck the graphics card. Get a GTX 660 from palit or zotac or MSI and you will be fine. Brands don't make much of a difference untill you go with a very bad quality brand.
Actually here it is better to buy a nVidia card as the prices of the amd cards are high. The GTX 660 is the best card for the RS. 15000 price range.
What is the price you are getting HD7870 and HD7770 at? And are you are it is a ghz edition card?

Xttony

Distinguished
That is a very old card and I'm surprised that it can even run the game. Low resolution I suppose. GTX 660TI is better is kinda the overclocked version of 660. Also you can get HD7870 GHz at a much lower price with almost same speed.

Xttony

Distinguished
I prefer gigabyte over MSI also the ard you specified is out of stock and I am pretty sure that they will not restock it because the demand for graphics card is very low here. This is also the reason for the prices to be high.

raja10

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
iam not gona buy it online . i will buy them in ctc in secundrabad, where prices are lower than online about 2000 to 3500 , they ll have all the stock of all companies. evga,

what about evga ftw signature 2 2gb ddr5

Xttony

Distinguished
Ctc in Secunderabad? My geography is not good at all? If you are getting it cheap go for it. Get the cheapest variant of the card you are buying and you'll be fine.
Can you do me a favor and check the price of Thermaltake Level 10GT?

Xttony

Distinguished

In India, I checked with online shops and one of the big markets of computer hardware.
If EVGA was available I would have suggested him to get that too.

emo_boy_zagreb

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Hi guys i have a problem i baught before 2 day gtx 680 and i head from before my old CPU phenom quad core 965,my problem is bottleneck in BF3 MP i have GPU usage on some place in a map 50% on some other 60% somethimes is over 90 usually indor not big maps and when i hit 50% gpu usage my fps drop DRASTICALLY even on GTX 680 with my CPU fps drops on 35fps and i dont have AA in game on what is usaly big performance hit on fps i dont what to do now do i need new CPU or something can you help me here is my benchmark result if it helps http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/17898 and all of my pc spec! help plzz