Sign in with
Your question

Crossfire 7770 freezes computer on fullscreen.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 29, 2013 4:29:29 AM

Hi, when I try to run games in fullscreen my computer just freezes and lets off this buzzing sound.

When I run games in windowed mode its fine. Temps dont get hot in windowed mode but its hard to see the temps in fullscreen.
This happens on Skyrim (skyrim on high settings) and Combat Arms;however, it doesnt happen on Leage of Legends. I have the latest drivers for AMD (9.12). When I tried to get the beta drivers (it was said to fix BO2 slow game loading). But when I tried to update it my screen turned black for 20 minutes, so dumb o' me turned off my computer. And that was a world of hurt. So I tried to rollback my second graphics card and since my computer is brand new (20 days or so) there was nothing to rollback. So I had to uninstall the second GPU from my computer and installed it again. Yet is says its working fine when im in device manager.

So my suspect is that there is something wrong with my second graphics card, Yet is says its working fine when im in device manager. How can I test my individual GPUs? I DONT have the GPU disks so I cant use that. Crossfire IS enabled in the AMD catalyst. :(  Please help it is quite annoying.

SPECS:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
GPU: 2x AMD Radeon 7770 HD Series Crossfire
RAM: 16GB
CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz
PSU: 700W

Thanks - iFamasssxD
January 29, 2013 5:07:53 AM

Crossfire setups are known for errors if not set up carefully. Also check that CPU temperatures are not too high also check for CPU activity as skyrim is a pretty CPU demanding game.
m
l
January 29, 2013 6:19:34 AM

sell your cards, crossfire is a pain in the ass. been there done that. Its not worth all the stuffing around. Sell them both and get a better single card.
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2013 2:19:46 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
sell your cards, crossfire is a pain in the ass. been there done that. Its not worth all the stuffing around. Sell them both and get a better single card.

Well I got my computer from Cyberpowerpc.com and I just customized it on their site. So I dont have the boxs or anything.

How can I sell it?
m
l
January 29, 2013 2:24:43 PM

The latest Cat driver is 13.1

Also if the driver isn't working roll back a few and see if that makes a difference.
m
l
January 29, 2013 2:25:22 PM

Can't believe they would even offer 7770 crossfires. That's like offering to put nitro in a 3 cylinder car. Not worth it. lol. You should have posted your config on here asking for advice before you bought it, because I don't think there is one person on here that would have recommended that for you.
m
l
January 29, 2013 2:26:31 PM

I'd call there tech support and have them fix it or give you a deal on trading your cards for a single one.
m
l
January 30, 2013 1:06:43 AM

J_E_D_70 said:
I'd call there tech support and have them fix it or give you a deal on trading your cards for a single one.

Well Im sure if I call they are just going to make me send in my computer and that is something I really dont want to do :( 
Is there a temparary solution to my problem?
m
l
!