Closed Solved

Upgrading PSU and GPU

my rig :
Hp elite 7200 MT :

CPU : core i5 2400 3.1ghz
RAM : 16gb ram(4x4) 1333mhz
motherboard : pegatron 2AB6
GPU : Gainward GT440 (i overclock +100mhz memory , +50 core )
Power Supply : 300W
=========================================

i want upgrade gt440 to gtx670. i need psu too. but dont know which brand should i get (gygabyte asus msi etc)
and which PSU should i get ? and o dont know if my cpu bottleneck gtx670 .

P.S i am living in Azerbaijan and here is prices too high. reference gtx670 costs 550$
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading
  1. If you'r eon a tight budget, this will do: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020
  2. Best answer
  3. MatildaPersson said:
    If you'r eon a tight budget, this will do: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020

thanks. what about vga brand ?
  4. AxM3D said:
    thanks. what about vga brand ?

Depends entirely on the individual card, hun. On a budget, the Gigabyte GTX 670 is a great deal. It cools well, is quite and can overclock nicely. Best of all, it's much cheaper than most of its competition.
  5. EzioAs said:

Do you know who makes XFX units?
  6. MatildaPersson said:
    Depends entirely on the individual card, hun. On a budget, the Gigabyte GTX 670 is a great deal. It cools well, is quite and can overclock nicely. Best of all, it's much cheaper than most of its competition.

i am planning to get Gygabyte gtx670 windforce 2x. or may be same gtx660ti (depending on PSU budget) is gygabyte recommend?
  7. AxM3D said:
    i am planning to get Gygabyte gtx670 windforce 2x. or may be same gtx660ti (depending on PSU budget) is gygabyte recommend?

A lot of Gigabyte cards are great all-rounders. They aren't the fastest or the best overclockers, but they are right up there, cool well, are virtually silent and cost a lot less than their competition.

In general, you can't go wrong with a Gigabyte card.
  8. MatildaPersson said:
    A lot of Gigabyte cards are great all-rounders. They aren't the fastest or the best overclockers, but they are right up there, cool well, are virtually silent and cost a lot less than their competition.

In general, you can't go wrong with a Gigabyte card.

thanks. and sorry what is difference beetween modular and non modualr psu?
  9. MatildaPersson said:
    Do you know who makes XFX units?

Seasonic. Why?
  10. AxM3D said:
    thanks. and sorry what is difference beetween modular and non modualr psu?

Non-modular psu have the cables fixed to the unit itself while modular psu have modular interface so that you can pull out the cables you don't need and/or or plug in the cables you need only. There's also semi-modular. I think the name speaks for itself
  11. EzioAs said:
    Seasonic. Why?

Was just curious :)
  12. EzioAs said:
    Non-modular psu have the cables fixed to the unit itself while modular psu have modular interface so that you can pull out the cables you don't need and/or or plug in the cables you need only. There's also semi-modular. I think the name speaks for itself

thanks for help . i understand. i think i will get corsair/antec/seasonic ~600w and Gigabyte GTX670/660ti windforce 2x. depending my budget :)
  13. Best answer selected by AxM3D.
  14. Nobody has pointed out the fact that he has an HP case. If he's gonna go with a Gigabyte windforce card it probably won't fit.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product