My printer is always offline when i restart the pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

otmankatah

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Hello,i have a printer connected to a machine and i have connected several other machines to that network printer but then,the printer appears offline the following morning and i have to go through the process of adding the printer on each PC. the machine with the printer and all the other machines run on WIN7.Please help me

Solution
In Windows 7, do the following:

-Go to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers.
-Right-click on the greyed-out printer and select "See What's Printing."
-Click on the "Printer" menu and uncheck "Use Printer Offline."

If this worked, smile a little, and pass the solution on to some of the zillions who're having this problem. If not, sorry to take your time, and good luck!
G

There is an easier way!

Open your control panel and go to Administrative settings. Click on services and scroll down to Print Spooler.
Click on the restart option in the left panel and this will (hopefully) bring your printer back online,

There is an easier way!

Open your control panel and go to Administrative settings. Click on services and scroll down to Print Spooler.
Click on the restart option in the left panel and this will (hopefully) bring your printer back online,

Might work, but doesn't explain the printer appearing offline each morning. Something else going on there because that's not normal.

posaune76

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
In Windows 7, do the following:

-Go to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers.
-Right-click on the greyed-out printer and select "See What's Printing."
-Click on the "Printer" menu and uncheck "Use Printer Offline."

If this worked, smile a little, and pass the solution on to some of the zillions who're having this problem. If not, sorry to take your time, and good luck!

Solution

CPU Fan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been having this same problem ever since I connected my printer to my Asus RT-N66U. I had resolved to just connect the printer to the PC when I wanted to print something. Thanks again!

A mod needs to select this as the solution since the OP, hasn't responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.