Sign in with
Your question

Are these core/memory clock fluctuations normal during gaming?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 29, 2013 9:24:45 PM

Ok, this might be a weird question but I had MSI Afterburner running in the background while playing a game of League of Legends and while playing I checked the core and memory clock and saw the result below. Is it normal for the core and memory clocks to fluctuate like that during gaming, I mean, so rapidly?

January 29, 2013 10:03:39 PM

Short answer: probably. You aren't exactly stressing your card with that game. This isn't a benchmark where you'd see your clocks maxed. Then again, we can't see what you had for temperatures...
January 30, 2013 6:55:56 AM

Temperature was below 50C. I'm just worried about the sudden jumps. Game didn't have any performance issues though.
Related resources
January 30, 2013 2:21:53 PM

I think you're probably fine. Try firing up Unigine Heaven with all the settings cranked. That oughta max your clock speeds! :D 

The reason the clock is jumping up and down is because the card most likely doesn't have to operate full bore.
January 30, 2013 8:10:28 PM

wiggbot said:
I think you're probably fine. Try firing up Unigine Heaven with all the settings cranked. That oughta max your clock speeds! :D 

The reason the clock is jumping up and down is because the card most likely doesn't have to operate full bore.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that!
!