Are these core/memory clock fluctuations normal during gaming?

Ok, this might be a weird question but I had MSI Afterburner running in the background while playing a game of League of Legends and while playing I checked the core and memory clock and saw the result below. Is it normal for the core and memory clocks to fluctuate like that during gaming, I mean, so rapidly?

4 answers Last reply
More about core memory clock fluctuations normal gaming
  1. Short answer: probably. You aren't exactly stressing your card with that game. This isn't a benchmark where you'd see your clocks maxed. Then again, we can't see what you had for temperatures...
  2. Temperature was below 50C. I'm just worried about the sudden jumps. Game didn't have any performance issues though.
  3. I think you're probably fine. Try firing up Unigine Heaven with all the settings cranked. That oughta max your clock speeds! :D

The reason the clock is jumping up and down is because the card most likely doesn't have to operate full bore.
  4. wiggbot said:
    I think you're probably fine. Try firing up Unigine Heaven with all the settings cranked. That oughta max your clock speeds! :D

The reason the clock is jumping up and down is because the card most likely doesn't have to operate full bore.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that!
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Core Memory Gaming Graphics