Closed Solved

GTX 660 ($189) or Radeon 7870 ($239.99)

I didn't want to hijack a previous users question so I had to post my own. I want to know which would be the better buy. I can buy the EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 02G-P4-2662-KR Video Card for $189 from a friend (New / Unopened) or the PowerColor PCS+ Radeon HD 7870 MYST. Edition (Tahiti LE) AX7870 2GBD5-2DHPPV3E for $239.99 from NewEgg. I am building a gaming rig if that helps.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about radeon 7870
  1. What games will you be playing?
    Either I think the 660 is better at that price point and the difference in performance between those is not worth spending $50 more
  2. See here is the deal with the Tahiti version of the 7870 is that its more or less a 7930 which is probably around the range of a 660Ti. So its really up to you where you go but you should know that you are getting something stronger then a normal 7870 with that card.
  3. gtx 660. Performance difference isn't worth the extra $40. Ask him what happened to the assassins creed 3 game that came w/ it. If it did indeed come w/ it tell him to knock off another $30 for the game or include it haha. 7870 overclocks alot better than the gtx 660 but is it worth it? I don't think so.
  4. Best answer
    raydog said:
    gtx 660. Performance difference isn't worth the extra $40. Ask him what happened to the assassins creed 3 game that came w/ it. If it did indeed come w/ it tell him to knock off another $30 for the game or include it haha. 7870 overclocks alot better than the gtx 660 but is it worth it? I don't think so.

This isn't ANY normal 7870. It's the Tahiti LE edition meaning it has performance almost of a 7950 which is insane for the price. If anyone is buying a 7870 I would recommend any Tahiti LE card that is around $230. Should you buy this card instead? Well it's up to you, depending on what games you are playing you may need the performance of the 7870 LE. That price for a GTX 660 will beat anything for around that price and lower. If I were you I would jump for the 7870 LE because of the performance.
  5. It may depend on the games you want to play but for the price point. GTX 660 is the better deal
  6. Best answer selected by ata2xma.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Radeon Graphics