Steam Games Crash. Stirped lines on the screen then blue screen.

G

Hello. I play games on steam. When I play games for like 5 or 10 minutes, steam games just freezes, then a striped lines appears on my screen. There are lots of colors. The colors change depending on the color of the game. After getting the striped lines, I would sometimes just crash, get a bluescreen, then restart. but sometimes it would just freeze or a second, screen goes black then to the game screen and can play again. Before getting the striped lines, the game would run normally and smoothly like it should.

It only happens on steam. When I play other non-steam games, it wont get the striped lines, but when ever i add the games to steam with the 'add non-steam games' button, it would give me the striped lines.

Sometimes, when i play non steam games, without steam, it would the screen would go black and crash, and say The Graphics card has stopped working and fixed blah blah blah or somehting like that.

When I change the screen resolution for some games, the screen goes black and shows the desktop only on the 1/5 of the screen on the right. it would just blink. It shows the desktop, then goes black, show the desktop, then goes back. I dont know what to do. I cant do anything then except ctrl+alt+delete thing.

My Specs are:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 3.20GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670
RAM: 6GB
Operationg System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Power Supply: 250w (I don't know the brand. It's from HP p6604f. I just upgraded CPU and GPU on that computer.)

Error Window: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/capturemwg.png/
I will add more screen shots of the errors when I get them again.

Ensure you have the latest drivers.

You may wish to try to turn off Steam In-game. Just in case it is the cause.

generally lines can be a card,power or driver issue. You have to test each one.

1. What power supply. It does not need to be 500+ watts for your system, but HAD to be of good quality.

2. Current driver version. Can you try one back(older driver). If this works. keep on the older drivers and report the issue to AMD.

3. You may want to try something very taxing like sanctuary or 3dmarks to see if you have any issues like that. This would show a possible video card issue.

G

i am using 250w power supply
i am using AMD Radeon HD 6670

i dont know how to use furmark, but i ran the test in 1920x1080 in users setting test, i got 4fps, and blah blah blah

G

i am using 250w power supply.

how do i install old drivers?

i have no idea what you just said in number 3.

sorry. im a noob

furmarks is VERY hard on a system and should push a video card to the limits.

Please get the 12 volt rating(AMPS) from the power supply(and brand name as well). 250 is rather low, but a 6670 is not a power hog. Still good to be sure.

EDIT.

Number 3 is something like furmarks, just not so hard on the system.

You uninstall the current drivers and download the older set from the AMD website under previous releases.

Hi - a 6670 on a 250w psu is risky, realhardtech suggests 400w,
which means you could prob do OK with 350w, but 250 I
don't think so.

Tom

G

My error message :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/capturemwg.png/

G

my error message:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/capturemwg.png/

G

i dont think i over clocked it, because i dont know how to do it, and i heard it is very risky. I got the CPU very recently btw. like 3 days ago. i upgraded to it from Athlon II X2 420 because of the problem.

If it is over clocked, how do i undo it?