Upgrading graphics card, low budget

zually28

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
I recently ordered a new, to me at least pc. I know its older but its far better than the piece of junk I have right now. I want to get a graphics card for it that is cheap as possible. The games I wanna play are world of warcraft and all expansions as well as the sims 3 and most of its expansions. Maybe dragon age origons. I have no idea what would be suitable to put in it, so I would appreciate the help. Here is the computer info I know

Product Line: Inspiron Model: Inspiron i560-3911NBK
Operating System: Windows 8 MPN: i560-3911NBK
Screen Size: None Processor Type: Intel Pentium Dual-Core
Graphics Processing Type: Integrated/On-Board Graphics Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Operating System Edition: Professional Memory: 4 GB
Bundled Items: Keyboard, Mouse Hard Drive Capacity: 500 GB

EXCELLENT CONDITION ,OS UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 8 PRO! WIRELESS,HDMI,COMES WITH POWER CORD,GENERIC KEYBOARD,MOUSE, IN GENERIC PACKAGING!
For your entertainment

No matter what your entertainment needs, Inspiron™ 560 keeps the fun features you need within reach.

Graphics that make an impact
Watch your screen come to life with the Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 graphics! view: Immerse yourself in a cinematic experience by connecting to a HD monitor or TV with the HDMI® port.

Big storage: See it, love it, save it. Store your favorite music, photos and video with 500GB hard drive.

Media card reader: Quickly transfer photos from your digital camera with the optional 19-in-1 media card reader.

munjoo238

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
The Cheapest Card that you can get is the HD 7770 or the GTX 650 Ti. That would play those games without any problem. If you want to pay it on 1080p, that would also work at about 30fps depending on the game.

but if you are really really tight on budget, you can get the GT 640 at about $100 but I would not recommend that.

Hi - Please be aware that PC has a 300w Power Supply. Realhardtech
suggests 430w for either 7770 or 650ti, maybe you could get by with a
quality 350w unit, but I don't think 300w will cut it for very long.

If you can't upgrade your PSU, then consider a 7750.

Tom