While trying to reinstall driver, my computer won't recognize my GPU

exescottz

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
For while I'd been having some troubles with the MMO aion crashing after a maintenance patch. I asked the tech people from there for some help, and what it boiled down to was that they wanted me to reinstall updated Nvidia Graphics drivers and use "Driver Fusion". After uninstalling everything I tried to setup the new drivers, but the setup program told me it couldn't detect the required hardware. After fiddling with it a little I tried to reinstall the old drivers temporarily, only to find they would install for the same reason. At this point I can't even look in my specs to find out what card I have (the displays option in my computer's properties is mysteriously missing.), and I haven't been able to get any useful "professional" assistance.

the drive sweeper they used may have removed some of the mb chipset drivers. with the missing chipset drivers the pci devices may not work right. if it a intel chipset mb download the newest intel chipset driver. amd has the ati chipset drivers. if it a nvidia or via you have to go to there web page for the drivers.

exescottz

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

I think you're right, but all I can find on nvidiai's website are the graphics drivers, not the chipset drivers.

I'll try the intel ones as well, but I don't think those are causing the issue

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.90-whql-driver.html

This is all i can find, which is what won't install.