Bought a Graphics Card from Local ThriftStore Is it Fried?

Vengeanceoverlord

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
I Bought what looked to be a Gigabyte Gt 610 1Gb DDR3 Silent GPU. But with a bit of Google Magic the card inside didn't look the same as the one that i found on google. Instead i tried to do my own way of researching with the Google Images and came up with the Conclusion after stumbling upon a picture of the Same Card as what i currently believe is a Nvidia GeForce 9600Gt (512mb) Maybe..i think. Now main question is is there anyway to find out IF the card is fried or still Fresh and New?. Please I need some Suggestions Quickly! i wanna Replace my Asus En210 512mb GPU.

Vengeanceoverlord

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
I've Connected all of the Plugs; powered the computer on now what i see is not really annoying to me but there are green kind of invisible lines through the screen which wasn't showing before with my old card..

te100

Distinguished
how do you see invisible lines?
no really I doubt any care was taken to protect the card from say like static discharge if it was pulled from a system most people working at thrift stores have no clue I know cause I volunteer at one every now and then they call me when they get stuff like that plus people use it for their dumping ground so they dont have to pay dump fees.

Vengeanceoverlord

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
The lines aren't as visible when there are a lot of colors but when the screen is all black it's very noticeable. and yeah the card was not in an anti-static bag just cardboard and a plastic bubble for protection against drops. now when i switched the Dvi Male to Vga Female cord from Port 2 to Port 1 Dvi i Lost the Picture on my Monitor could there be something else wrong?