too many hd's to pick from

G

building a new PC- getting the new chipset kt333 on an ASUS A7V333.
don't know much about good vs. bad brands of harddrives, probably need at least 60gb, obviously want 7200rpm- 100 or 133ATA?
any suggestions? also suggestions for where to buy one online? some of these sites are looking pretty sketchy lately

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
ATA133 is just a gimmick. Don't limit yourself to them. Western Digital makes the fastest 100GB and 120GB IDE hard drives.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

vetplus40

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2001
RPM speeds can be misleading..I would suggest either Maxtor,or Western digital.There is a slight difference in their return policies though.Maxtors is a no questions asked,Western's is on a case by case basis,but they both make good drives.I would suggest Newegg.com,as a supplier.

If ya don't ask..How ya gonna know.

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
I agree with AMD_MAN...go with the fastest for today (Western Digital) because in a month there will be another contender. Then if that isn't good enough wait for the new serial-ATA HDD's.

<b><font color=red>Cast your vote with your $,</b></font color=red> <b><font color=blue>shed your pride with your opinion.</b></font color=blue>