Intel G630 2,7Ghz
Kingston 2gb Mem
Gigabyte H61 Mobo
Local Supercomp 450w PSU
17'' CRT Monitor
160GB 5400rpm hdd
Windows 8 pro 32-bit
I'm from India. Now,with all these specs the thing is I am looking for a new graphics card in the market. Unfortunately I have been unable to find anything better than the Nvidia 520gt locally, and that too costs nearly Rs. 3400. So I had to look online for the solution and I got a few solutions but all these numbers like the gflops, core clocks etc have confused me up.
My priority is just only better gaming fps at max of 1024x768 resolution and even lower- my monitor doesn't allow anything more than that, a max 1280x1024 I think. Specifically at med to high setting or even a low details would do. I want to play games like Battlefield 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Hitman:Absolution and so on.
My max budget for the GPU is Rs.4000 and can be extended to a max of Rs 300 more, I want you take the constraints seriously. I acknowledge that at this price I wont be getting any pro gaming quality gddr5 card but as per my requirements of light gaming there are cards available. The shortlist:
1. XFX ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB DDR3 - Rs.4,250 ($80)
2. XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB - Rs.3,800 ($71)
3. XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB DDR3 - Rs.4,500 ($85)
4. Gigabyte AMD ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5-used and least likely - Rs. 4,000 ($75)
5. Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6570 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card - Rs. 3,968 ($75)
6. PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD5670 1 GB DDR3 - Rs. 4,120 ($77)
The first four are from ebay.in and the other two are from flipkart.com .the I checked for theoretical comparisons between these cards in sites like hwcompare, passmark, gpu review, and some individual benchmark because I could not find any direct comparison. And with all these I an leaning towards the XFX 4850 512mb because of the higher numbers and also it is on a higher position in the tom's graphics hierarchy chart.
Again, as it is the XFX 4850, so I decided to get a new PSU, as my one is 5yrs local one without any pci 6-pin. And here the budget is Rs. 2000-2200 (take constraints seriously). So here I got only two online but still to check the local stores on this aspect.
1. A local Frontech 500W JIL-2422- Rs 550 ($10)
2. Corsair VS350 350 Watt PSU - Rs 2099 ($40)
The recommended reqs for the 4850 is 450w but i think as per my system specs and the xfx 4850 tdp the psu can handle, but still i doubt that.
So my questions are:
1. Which GPU should I get and why?
2. For the HD 4850 will the older specifications of dx 10.1 and 512mb be any problem for me? Will the 512mb restrict my gameplay quality with max of 1024x768?
3. Will the HD 4850 worth its price tag?
4. Will the Crosair be able to handle the HD 4850, and what about the local Frontech one?
5. Any suggestions about better cards, better merchant sites, better PSU's and anything are welcome, but within the constraints.
If you have any queries about my system ,specs or anything that helps for a better answer please ask.
hd 6670 is best choice of your resolution.you will never regret yourself after getting this gpu.at new games keep the resolution to 1280*720p and turn off the vsync and AA in games and believe me you will able to play every games at high settings.get hd 6670