Sign in with
Your question

Freeze While Playing Game !! HELP !

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 30, 2013 7:10:24 AM

I do not know what happened. when I play the game about 5-10 minutes game is freeze and make weird sound. Sometime is crash and appear Nvidia Kernel Stopped Working. I Played bf 3, fc 3, mp 3, me 3, hitman absolution and got constant crash and freeze. :pfff: 

My PC :

- i5 3570 k
- asRock extereme 4 gen 3
- Gigabyte gtx 660 ti ToC
- Gskill DDR3 PC10666 8GB AO Dual Channel F3-1333C9D-8GAO / 9-9-9-24
- PSU HP-1000-G14C
- HDD Seagate 750 GB

I am using 310.90 Driver. I have tried memtest 86 and no error/problem.

More about : freeze playing game

January 30, 2013 9:33:32 AM

Hi

Damn that is bad but what you can do is check if your hardrive is clutered (A clutered hardrive has often crashes plus vry long start ups), or your computer might be over heating, does your computer have a good cooling system and/or clear ways for heat/air to escape (often th cause of crashes during games) or its simply you graphics card cannot handle the games that you play.

hope it helps! :sol: 
January 30, 2013 9:38:31 AM

Have you overclocked your GPU?

Try setting it to stock clock and wiping the drivers and reinstalling them.
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
January 30, 2013 10:03:46 AM

Your hard drive is not a part of this problem.
When you installed the video card, did you wipe out any old video drivers first? Completely wipe out all video drivers, then re-install.
I would also suspect memory, but you say you ran memtest on your RAM.
Even if it is running at factory clocks, turn down the clocks on your graphics card, using a utility like Afterburner, and see if it becomes stable. If it does, RMA it with Gigabyte for not being able to run at their factory clocks.

January 30, 2013 10:27:12 AM

ghinopley said:
Hi

Damn that is bad but what you can do is check if your hardrive is clutered (A clutered hardrive has often crashes plus vry long start ups), or your computer might be over heating, does your computer have a good cooling system and/or clear ways for heat/air to escape (often th cause of crashes during games) or its simply you graphics card cannot handle the games that you play.

hope it helps! :sol: 

I. I've play Far cry 3 and my GPU Temp is 69. is that normal ?
January 30, 2013 10:28:55 AM

darth pravus said:
Have you overclocked your GPU?

Try setting it to stock clock and wiping the drivers and reinstalling them.

No. No overclock. but i've tried downclock the GPU, still crash :pfff: 
January 30, 2013 10:36:47 AM

Normal temps but have you reinstalled drivers?
January 30, 2013 10:37:40 AM

Onus said:
Your hard drive is not a part of this problem.
When you installed the video card, did you wipe out any old video drivers first? Completely wipe out all video drivers, then re-install.
I would also suspect memory, but you say you ran memtest on your RAM.
Even if it is running at factory clocks, turn down the clocks on your graphics card, using a utility like Afterburner, and see if it becomes stable. If it does, RMA it with Gigabyte for not being able to run at their factory clocks.

I've re-install windows, but no luck. Still crash. i've tried disable the aero, change adaptive to Prefer maximum power in nvidia control panel, add Dword in regedit. i installed intel hd with my 660 ti. is there a problem with that ?
January 30, 2013 10:41:29 AM

darth pravus said:
Normal temps but have you reinstalled drivers?

i've try it. and roll back driver. still crash. what do you think the problem is ? is my GPU bad card?

*edit : i've change ram, and the other voltage in BIOS. I change it in accordance with stock voltage, is it okay ?
January 30, 2013 10:55:32 AM

Completely uninstall all drivers from your system witrh driversweep and then reinstall.

Maybe try an os install
January 30, 2013 7:49:05 PM

Maybe it just dosn't fit.

I don't mean that its to big i mean that it has to much of a wattage requirment for the psu to handle. To propurly check you will want to add the wattage requirment of the graphics card and the cpu considering there the biggest juice suckers in your computer and then add 100-150 more watts for everything else and if you still have more watts to use than tahs not it. :sol: 
!