Hello,
I had a couple of questions regarding my PSU/GPU. Here are my specs:
Core i5 3570K
Hyper212+
Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
Corsair TX650m PSU
EVGA GTX 660 FTW Signature 2
MSI z77a-G45 motherboard

Nothing in my system is overclocked (other than the fact that the EVGA card is factory OC'd, but I haven't done anything on top of that). I recently bought my GPU, and I want to make sure everything is working as it should. I ran the Unigine Heaven 3.0 Benchmark, with the following results:
FPS: 42.3, Scores: 1065, Min FPS: 19.7, Max FPS: 99.3

and the following settings:
Render: direct3d11
Mode: 1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Shaders: high
Textures: high
Filter: trilinear
Anisotropy: 16x
Occlusion: enabled
Refraction: enabled
Volumetric: enabled
Tessellation: normal

Now for my questions.
1) Are these scores normal?
2) My GPU temp reaches ~ 65 celsius, is this ok?
3) HWMonitor records that my GPU fans never go above ~ 47%... what's going on? Shouldn't it be close to 100% when the card is pushed (I haven't modified anything regarding my GPU fan speed)?
4) Finally, I don't know how relevant my last question is for this particular forum, but I'll try anyway. My PSU has a Zero-RPM feature, meaning supposedly it only spins when under sufficient load. The only time I see it spin is maybe for ~ 10 seconds when I first turn on the computer (I guess during bootup the fan spins and then slows down until it comes to a halt). Even when I'm running the Heaven benchmark, the PSU fan isn't spinning... is this normal? Perhaps the load isn't high enough? Also, it makes a weird noise when it spins during bootup, I took a video (I just turned on the computer and you can see the fan spins down toward the end): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ICQmy6aYJ0&feature=youtu.be.

Thank you for all of your help, and sorry for the long post!

EzioAs

Distinguished
1) I'm not too sure on the Uningine Heaven scores but it seems normal

2) GPU temps are normal. Nothing to worry about.

3) Most manufacturers implement some automatic fan control so that it won't spin too fast if the temps are still fine. This is done so that the card will stay quiet even under load. You can control the fan speed though using video card tweaking softwares like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X.

4) It's probably similar to the GPU fan speed. Some power supplies fans won't spin unless they reached some certain power draw or the temperatures are high enough. A 3570K and GTX660 are very power efficient, under gaming they won't draw much power. If you want to see the fans spin, you could run stress test softwares like Prime95 and Furmark.

Rebbig

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for your response. Actually, I have run stress tests like Prime95, and the PSU fan still doesn't spin. I haven't tried Furmark, but I believe the Unigine software I mentioned is also a stress test (for the GPU), and again the fan doesn't spin.