Sign in with
Your question

How to have 3 external monitors?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 30, 2013 9:41:40 AM

I've got a HD Radeon 6670, I want to use 3 monitors for work not gaming. I have two small 16" monitors on 1280x1024 plugged into the VGA and the DVI and a 26" plugged into the HDMI. Now all 3 work but I can only seem to extend to 1 at a time.

More about : external monitors

January 30, 2013 10:25:18 AM

groundrat said:
Eyefinity works for both gaming and desktop work. AMDs Firepro series (rendering cards)even have it. Your card supports it.

http://www.amd-news.com/assets/files/amd-cn/Eyefinity_S...

Thanks for the reply, I just took a look and their website that gives you a recommendation for the setup to use said I need at least 2 of (HDMI, VGA or DVI) obviously I have these so my next question is would a DVI to 2x VGA Y cable allow me to extend to two more monitors?

I have 3 monitors, 2 are 16" VGA only monitors and one is a small 26" TV that has HDMI and VGA. I'd like to have the two smaller monitors to the left and right if possible. But it doesn't seem as if I can have 3 connections at the same time, trying through the Catalyst software it says I can only have 2 displays open. Would using a splitter cable allow me to use two monitors separately?
!