Site being blocked from home network

tadroptopgirl

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
I have a question. This one specific website that we have been trying to go to it is a university of phoenix student log in site. From the three laptops and ipad 2 and samsung galaxy tab. The site will not load on any of our computers. We have logged on from this computers at the same time on this same network before and it always worked. She also logged on to it last week and worked fine. We logged on from a different network and it worked there but we need to get it working here. It is obviously the router or modem here, but i factory reset the router and it is still doing that. When we can get it to load it is real slow and it loads like it would on a mobile device. Straight down with no pictures.

Any ideas guys on what this might be?

jimbonnet

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
I work for a company that sells proxy servers. This sounds like exactly like the calls we get when people are having problems with caching. If you were my customer I'd ask for packet captures showing the traffic to see what the responses look like. I'd also look for DNS problems(slow responses) I wonder what happens if you hit cntrl-f5 in your browser. Does it load different?

Rgds,
Jim

tadroptopgirl

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
No it doesnt try to load at all

The site works with everything we have just not when we are on her home network. It is that both my laptop and ipad can log on when I on my home network but just not from hers

I could be wrong here, but I thought you are supposed to hold down the shift key while clicking the refresh button to bypass the browser's cache and redownload the page, or does ctrl-f5 do something different.

tadroptopgirl

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
I have no browser cache in Firefox I turned it off. The site works on any other network when we are both using the same computers for it. So it has to be something else. I factory reset the router and re set it up, got bright house networks to sent a new signal to the modem and cleared every temp and cached files from both laptops but not the tablets don't know how to do that. and it still doesn't work on her home network but works on mine.