Sign in with
Your question

Radeon HD 6670, suspicious ACE event logs

January 30, 2013 12:34:03 PM

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I've recently switched over from an old Nvidia graphics card to the HD 6670. Unfortunately, the Nvidia graphics card had fried, and I had no spare, so I could not remove the old drivers before plugging in the new card and booting into Windows. However, before installing the new AMD drivers and CCC, I manually deleted all of the old Nvidia stuff to the best of my ability and ran Driver Sweeper in safe mode. I'm not experiencing any performance issues (that I know of), but there are some really suspicious ACE event logs in my Windows Event Viewer. I wouldn't be so concerned but some of them sound pretty crucial, and due to the sheer volume of them it's making me a bit nervous. I'd like advice about what to do about this, if I should worry about it at all.

I will include one of the logs I've received here as an example of them:

Spoiler
Log Name: ACEEventLog
Source: ACEEventLogSource
Date: 1/30/2013 12:39:08 AM
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DBK-873
Description:
0000000060: 2013-01-30 00:39:08:997 Exception: No value exists with that name.
Exception Called by: ATI.ACE.LOG.Foundation.Private.Settings::D eleteSetting processID:02816 threadID:(  ) domainName:( CCC.exe ) assemblyName:( LOG.Foundation.Private, Version=4.0.4654.26054, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

If you'd like to see more, I've pasted the XML of some 200 of the 700 logs in my event viewer here: http://pastebin.com/PWstyXL8

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for your time.
!