Help with Vietnam

Hi all
Not sure if I'm in the right place for battlefield vietnam probs (if not
could you direct me to the right place please)
If I am heres my problem.........
I installed VietNam everything went ok untill I got to the main menu where
all the text is all funny, like its only showing half the text ?
Anybody experienced this before or know how to solve it ?
My set up is as follows

Win xp pro sp2
Asus a8n-e mobo
AMD 64 3500+ venice
Geforce 6800gt 256mb pci-e graphics
Hitachi deskstar 80gb hd
Pioneer dvd/cd writer

I am currently on the 77.77 graphics drivers and have never had a problem
(untill now If it is a driver prob).
2 answers Last reply
More about help vietnam

    "Humphrey_Bogart" <humphrey@bogart.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > Not sure if I'm in the right place for battlefield vietnam probs (if not
    > could you direct me to the right place please)
    > If I am heres my problem.........
    > I installed VietNam everything went ok untill I got to the main menu where
    > all the text is all funny, like its only showing half the text ?
    > Anybody experienced this before or know how to solve it ?
    > My set up is as follows
    >
    > Win xp pro sp2
    > Asus a8n-e mobo
    > AMD 64 3500+ venice
    > Geforce 6800gt 256mb pci-e graphics
    > Hitachi deskstar 80gb hd
    > Pioneer dvd/cd writer
    >
    > I am currently on the 77.77 graphics drivers and have never had a problem
    > (untill now If it is a driver prob).
    >
    > Thanx by the way
    HB

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:35:10 GMT, "Humphrey_Bogart"
    <humphrey@bogart.com> wrote:

    >Hi all
    >Not sure if I'm in the right place for battlefield vietnam probs (if not
    >could you direct me to the right place please)

    This group should work. If you don't find a solution here, try the
    (newer) alt.games.ea.battlefield. It was set up around the time that
    BF2 came out to support all of the BF( ) games.

    >If I am heres my problem.........
    >I installed VietNam everything went ok untill I got to the main menu where
    >all the text is all funny, like its only showing half the text ?
    >Anybody experienced this before or know how to solve it ?

    I have seen it where the "popup" text that shows the game server name on
    mouse hover is only partly there, as if every other row of dots is
    missing. Doesn't seem to affect the static menu text nor the in-game
    graphics.

    >My set up is as follows
    >
    >Win xp pro sp2
    >Asus a8n-e mobo
    >AMD 64 3500+ venice
    >Geforce 6800gt 256mb pci-e graphics
    >Hitachi deskstar 80gb hd
    >Pioneer dvd/cd writer

    Try a different screen resolution. Also, if used, kill any "forced"
    anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering to run a vanilla display.

    >I am currently on the 77.77 graphics drivers and have never had a problem
    >(untill now If it is a driver prob).

    78.01 WHQL is out. Didn't have any problems with the 77.77 drivers here,
    tho, running a 6600GT/AGP. (I'll upgrade one of these days ;-)

Video Games