MN-500 starts mis-behaving

Hi,
I have MN-500 connected as broadband router to a point-
to-point wireless broadband connection. For some reason
the Modem light on MN-500 constantly flicker event when
none of the computers are on or not access the internet.
When this happens my home network is down and cannot see
other machine as well as cannot access the internet. I
have to unplug the broadband connection in order to get
my home network functional. Talked to my ISP guys and
they say that everything is okay at their end. They blame
it on the router.

Any one expericing similar problem or know what is the
issue and how to resolve it.

Thank You
- AJay

joker

You are being port scanned. Stop worrying about it if the firewall is
enabled in the router. If you are running firmware version 1.09.* or
higher you will see a ton of entries for the last few hours of the
router blocking incoming packets.

Ajay Patel wrote:

> Hi,
> I have MN-500 connected as broadband router to a point-
> to-point wireless broadband connection. For some reason
> the Modem light on MN-500 constantly flicker event when
> none of the computers are on or not access the internet.
> When this happens my home network is down and cannot see
> other machine as well as cannot access the internet. I
> have to unplug the broadband connection in order to get
> my home network functional. Talked to my ISP guys and
> they say that everything is okay at their end. They blame
> it on the router.
>
> Any one expericing similar problem or know what is the
> issue and how to resolve it.
>
> Thank You
> - AJay

Thanks for your reply. Any idea how do i prevent that from
happening.

-AJ

You basically can't.
Blame the malcontents that have nothing better to do with their time.

If you wanted, you could try to go after them via their ISP, but it's a time
consuming process with almost no guarantee of success.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -