Windows 8 Blue Screen

dgmitchell

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
I try to load my Asus desktop preinstalled with windows 8, and i get this:
RECOVERY
Your PC needs to be repaired
The BOot Configuation Data File is missing some required information.
File:\BCD
Error code:0xc0000034
You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have media (like a USB or disc), contact your system admintistrator or PC manufacturer.

So I don't have a disk with the OS on it. It;s pretty new pc (2 months) and i've never had any problems, not viruses etc.

What can I do?

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I swear do people even know what they are doing anymore when it comes to a Pre installed Os on desktop systems.
If you got a manual with the desktop system it will explain how to do the recovery process, read the bloody thing man.

It will tell you what key you need to press on the keyboard to run the recovery menu.
Before it attempts to load windows 8. Now I bet you you never read that manual did you?

Just opened the box set the system up and threw the manual to one side, always the case. Tut Tut.
You did not 90% certain, bother to even read it. And I bet if you do you will feel stupid for the fact of not doing it in the first place. Now dig the manual out right now.

dgmitchell

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

No, there wasn't a manual...

cmisch

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Need more info. Hopefully you fixed this by now. Asus does provide documentation/manual for new laptops/PCs or can download user manual (PDF) from site.
LIkely recovery partition and you will need to press F2 for bios (disable boot booster) EXIT BIOS. Hit F9 on startup to begin restoration from partition.
This will allow reset to factory condition or fix startup problems. If you have a optical drive...use a Windows 8 startup disk.

smittymcgee

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
I'm sure you've found your way back into your PC but for anyone having trouble with this, I found a way to override the boot screen. It tells you to press Esc to go to the UEFI Firmware settings. Press it, then click your way to the advanced tab. Then once you are in the advanced tab, go to the boot tab. Scroll all the way down to the last option and click it. It should reboot your system to a new blue screen where you have several options, one being "Exit and continue to Windows 8". Click and you're done. But one thing, you should back up all your files as soon as you get into the OS just in case.